LMP1 spy shots!

Size of testicles.....and maybe 10 years of development in tyres and brakes ...why is Lorenzo faster than Rossi....??

The car does not have sack (unless there is a new RCR option we don't know about). So you are using the original race cars as the basis of comparison? OK, just wondering. Tires and chassis material have come along way since then and one would think the Caddy was at least a few hundred pounds lighter. But no tunnels.

but it has a diffuser and a bloody great big front splitter and a flat floor....

Having trouble reading between the lines here...

Do you think your LMP will have less, roughly the same, or more downforce than the 962? And compared to the SLC? Not worried about drag since we can just buy bigger to fix any differences there:)

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I expect the LMP will out perform both.... otherwise I wouldnt be building it....I dont plan to go slower..:thumbsup:

I think its pretty academic really as you cant buy a 962 thats track ready for $44k but you can buy my LMP , very few people are ever going to get even close to 100% potential of anything they drive...so its all hyperthetical bar room BS really...

Remember many GT40 replicas will outperform the original cars too ...

Last edited:
Its a stunner. And good motivation to get my other projects done to make room for this, at least by fall.

Nice job Fran! Who want's a Radical when you can have a "real" race car LOL

As with the SLC the pictures probably do the the LMP no justice.

I think this thing is wide , low, bad and faster than most of us can handle. Exactly like we want them.

Great Job my friend

TOM

Hey guys, thanks for all the questions and interest in the car and racing program! We are all really excited.

For those of you asking about the schedule: we are trying to make as many NARRA (North American Road Racing Association) races as possible. Their schedule is listed here:

Home

We are also planning on the UTCC at VIR (we've been trying to do this for years!) as well as the 13 hour at VIR later in the year. We will be developing the base setup for the Superlite LMP while also destroying what track records are left in the Superlite Coupe.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am excited to run the SLC at the NARRA/VIR /ALMS race....we will have the LMP on display as we are not able to race it with NARRA currently...

Ron McCall

Supporter
Come on Fran!!! I hear that there will be a NASA licensed driver there that has ties to RCR ,many ,many laps at SP and is willing to drive the car for free!!!! ;-)
I'm sure that Ryan won't mind. :)

Not biting??? Fine then. I will race the SLC . I bet I can get it to go faster than Ryan did!
;-)

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
I know the above comment was tounge-in-cheek, but for others, there is actually no "issue" at all. The car is not street-legal.....never will be,... and never should be.
I struggled with the streetable concept as well, (and I have a street-legal Lola Indycar.) Then I looked at the LMP-1, and some of the SLCs out there which are similar to my Ultima GTR, and I began to realize that these cars are born to live and breathe on a closed circuit racetrack.
Many of these cars are street-legal and fun to play around with on the street, but if you want to exercise the car's true potential, and not get arrested, get on a track where the car belongs.
With the LMP-1, this concept is simply not an option!
Truly a phenomenal car and a tremendous opportunity!

Last edited:
Hi to everyone,
the RCR LMP really looks cool,
exactly the road to go, to my honest opinion,

oh, Eglitom(RCR-Europe)
are you really want to sell of 962 parts ??
Hmm, i am very interested to know, if so.

many greetings grom the Netherlands.

I have a bunch of 962 parts as well. Certainly a lot of tails and noses. And wheels. And undertrays. And wing supports. Would love to see it go to good use.

Friendly reminder! Search for @superlitecars on twitter and facebook to get updates on how the car is coming along. I also tweet race/car/racecar updates from @ryanellisracing quite a bit, you don't need a twitter account to keep an eye on everything that is happening, just go to this link (https://twitter.com/ryanellisracing). 90% of what I tweet is racing related, the rest is generally hockey for those of you who care about that :) . Easiest and quickest way to keep up with everything!

Plus you get to see a lot of photos of the cars that might not be posted elsewhere yet!

Back