Lola T70 Mk 3B Chassis Blue Prints

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in making my own scratch built Lola T70 Mk3B replica with the steel / aluminum tub. I have been able to locate fibre glass body shell, however I have been unable to locate drawings / blue prints of the chassis. Does anyone know of a source that I can find online or purchase.

Thanks for your assistance.

Reactions: bdk
James,

there is very little steel in a mk3b chassis, save for the front crossmember and rear engine mounts/trailing link/ lower roll cage unit and odd stressed suspension mounting points.
You will find it nigh on impossible to find original technical drawings for a chassis.
Do you mean you want to construct a steel space frame with alloy panel cladding ?

Attachments

Howard Jones

Supporter
I believe that a GTD or even a more modern (current) GT40 space frame chassis such as a Tornado or Southern GT would work pretty well as a starting point. Of course, there will be modifications but the basic wheelbase and length of the overall chassis would be pretty close.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Perhaps GD Cars

ian

I second Graham about finding those very very rare blueprint drawings .....
There is a gentlemen on this forum who was used to post an excellent thread about the building of an amazing recreation of the chassis ; steel and aluminium parts
In Uk There is also one supplier of exact reproduction of the chassis ( Linked to Eric broadley family )