Lola T70 Wheels Wanted (Borrow or Buy!) UK

I know this is a long shot, but looking to borrow, or buy, LolaT70 wheel (s) purely for scanning purposes !

I have found a company who believe they can 3D scan the rim, and replicate (3 piece), with the centres machined from billet ( 15" or 17" ).

Hopefully the pics have uploaded !

Cheers

Attachments

• Lola Wheel.jpg
    Lola Wheel.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 799
  • Lola_10_x_15.JPG
    Lola_10_x_15.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 859

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Give Mick Sollis at Southern GT a buzz, he can possibly guide you in the right direction as he’s building a high spec Lola T70.
Good luck
Morten

Front and rear are different on spoke design. You have not stated what type of T70, as rims are different for earlier type.

I would not lend my current Mk3B magnesium wheels, but I do have some old ones. Many companies can scan, but making new wheels is very expensive.
Have recently lent wheel as pattern to colleague who has had complete ONE piece wheels manufactured.

I have 4 of RCR Lola pin drive centers but no shells if that helps
these are CNC machined from a Billet, not caste.

Attachments

• Lola wheels.JPG
    Lola wheels.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
Front and rear are different on spoke design. You have not stated what type of T70, as rims are different for earlier type.

I would not lend my current Mk3B magnesium wheels, but I do have some old ones. Many companies can scan, but making new wheels is very expensive.
Have recently lent wheel as pattern to colleague who has had complete ONE piece wheels manufactured.

Hi

Not a T70 expert I'm afraid, as they are intended for a Ford Capri (There was a Mk1 raced in the 70's which had T70 running gear and wheels...)

The images attached to the OP resemble the style wheel I was after (are your old ones similar/identical to that?).

I found the image of the new looking one, on a Lola spare parts website (Fox Racing?). Don't know if it was a front or rear. (it would be good to know)

I understand its not cheap, but the hope was that once the wheels were machined, then the programme could be made available for anyone else who may want similar.

Cheers

Yes, mine are like the first pictureThat is a rear Mk3B magnesium wheel and is 17" wide by 15" diameter. You would have real difficulty in getting that to fit a Capri !!!!!! Picture is what the Mk3B rear upright assembly to take that wheel looks like. Send me a PM with your home number and I,ll link you to someone who has done similar to what you are looking for, that I have lent patterns to.

Attachments

• IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 610
Yes, mine are like the first pictureThat is a rear Mk3B magnesium wheel and is 17" wide by 15" diameter. You would have real difficulty in getting that to fit a Capri !!!!!! Picture is what the Mk3B rear upright assembly to take that wheel looks like. Send me a PM with your home number and I,ll link you to someone who has done similar to what you are looking for, that I have lent patterns to.

PM Sent :)

You are right about fitting a 17" wide wheel into a Capri !, I was hoping to fit a more modest 9" !

Back