LSA SLC Build Log

I've seen it in person, I can attest to the desirability of it! That's not the only "room" either. He seems to have room after room... :) glad to see you back in the hunt, Bob.

So I have decided to not use the power column that came with my car. Big feet. That about sums it up. This is a corvette non power unit from EBay. Pics to follow on the fit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 526
Also if any one needs a power unit this ones up for grabs. I did have to remove the clock spring for the steering controls. Make me an offer. I'll be fair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 447
Glad to see your back into it. Going to Grattan in May to run around the track there. Stop out if your in the area, 330 947 1700 here always.

PS, we have some mutual friends, from the Choppers club?

I did look at moving the electric motors, but as tall as I am .... just didn't think all that work was going to be worth it if it never gets used. Installed the column last night and after using the dash to locate left to right alignment, I noticed my location is not the same as the original RCR mounting holes (about an inch off) Made me a bit nervous ? I will re measure tonight and post pics.:uneasy: Hmmmmmm

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bob,
don't forget as I have mentioned previously that the seat can be rotated a couple of degrees, as is normal with most every OEM built car, and you will not notice this.
It will allow you to center the pedals, steering column and seat.
If you are using the standard dash , make sure you align all of the above before deciding on a final location of the column, to give you the best ergonomics.

What do they say. The bigger man admits his mistakes ? Yep. I messed up.
The steering column location, shifter, AND seat position that I set up WITHOUT the body, dash, and doors on ..... (Ya see where this is goin).
I am 6'4" and the layout was just not right. Past couple weeks have been a lot of measuring and mock up. Once I found a "reclined" seat position that works, all was RE installed. To keep good seat belt geometry the factory mounting points on the roll bar are going to be lowered to my new sitting position. Some pics will follow soon.

One step forward two steps back. Still a few steps away from the supercharger clearance issue.

Well after a few weeks (ok months) of trying to confirm that the heat exchangers I have will pull the heat out of my LSA's super charger ... (no luck on a real answer to that) ...
I have made up brackets on CAD soon to be made from hunks of aluminum to mount them in the car.
At the point of begining ready to wire the car, I decided to temporarily connect the engine harness and fire up the motor for the first time. It was ..... Well .....
"un-eventful" LOL .... no issues or stress .... It just started right up ! (some how I felt disapointed ?):drunk:
The idle is some what tame due to the lower compression (add supercharger)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcvvGDnjrDY
Poor quality off my phone .... Sorry

Traveling for work every week Gary so not enough weekends sad to say. Maybe next year. Decided to change radiator fans. Turned in to a dead end, no good fans fit my set up. 12" fans and I want 2000cfm each. Gonna just keep chipping away !

Small tone ring is from GM 4L60E trans. This 40 tooth ring is what the GM ECU is looking for on the VSS input. The large tone ring is one I made to fit the Porsche hub. Press fit and ready to go back in the car. The Drive Shaft Shop does have similar rings, but at 46 and 48 teeth. Not sure if that would have made a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 329
Trying to keep some of the heat off the foot box, made up an air deflector. Split in the center so removal is easy. Will cover in heat refective stuff next !
Also see the upgraded fans. If the engine stalls these will just pull me down the road ! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 440
Back