Mark ll's back to Goodwood!

Mark ll\'s back to Goodwood!

Hi all, Just to say the Mark ll's have gone back to Goodwood this weekend for the Rivival meeting. They will be on static display (not hangin off that wall, once was funny, twice is tempting fate!) Simons, Goldfinger will also be there. The cars were asked for by Goodwood on Tuesday! After frantic searching, transport was finally arranged and the cars picked up Thursday Morning, thats short notice!

I am unable to attend this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so if anyone can take pictures of the mkll's for me and mail them i would be very grateful. Cheers..

Mark Sibley

Re: Mark ll\'s back to Goodwood!

First time I've seen them close up.... stunning!

Attachments

• 22080-goodwood rev 03 010.jpg
    22080-goodwood rev 03 010.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 298

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 22081-goodwood rev 03 009.jpg
    22081-goodwood rev 03 009.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 297

Here they are all together... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 22082-goodwood rev 03 014.jpg
    22082-goodwood rev 03 014.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 293

& another original in the paddock...

Attachments

• 22084-goodwood rev 03 052.jpg
    22084-goodwood rev 03 052.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 301

& another original... If only I could capture the sound with this picture! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 22085-goodwood rev 03 018.jpg
    22085-goodwood rev 03 018.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 303

So many original GT40's I struggled to get them all in one picture! 7 GT40's...

Attachments

• 22086-goodwood rev 03 030.jpg
    22086-goodwood rev 03 030.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 257

Free practice was restricted to just a few laps....

Attachments

• 22087-goodwood rev 03 021.jpg
    22087-goodwood rev 03 021.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 277

Hi Guy's

The pictures look great!!

I too was unable to attend - a trip to Sweden stopped me - damn.

Fantastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi guys

Well, if you stayed until the final race on Sunday you would have seen three of the original cars involved in a racing accident that did significant damage to the tail sections of the cars involved. The race was stopped for a short while whilst the mechanics applied plenty of gaffer tape, Then was restarted with P1074 finishing third behind a Lola T70 spider in first place and a Lotus 30 in second.
Just a minute the phones already ringing for bodywork
Regards
Chris.
PS. I wish we would get more notice when they want MK11 cars.
PPS. Lester looked well in his Hat!

Hi Chris
With reference to "Lester with the Hat" I think he looked more like Norman Wisdom.
If the hat fit's wear it, even though he forgot to take it, along with the packed lunch for our picnic, not to mention his phone.
And this is the man who is going to organise next years Classic le-mans trip for the club !!
If brains were dynamite he would not have enough to blow his Hat OFF.
No names eh! Roy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris,

You need Willie's phone number. Sorry for the quality, but its a grabbed frame from a video of their big screen!

More photos and video at www.gt40.me.uk

Attachments

• 22186-jcb.jpg
    22186-jcb.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 287

Hello Guys, Julian, great pics mate! Wish I'd gone myself now. That backdrop of the Fourties painted on the wall was good also. Though it makes me wonder how much notice the guy had to paint that and we only got two days notice to get the cars ready again!!! The black one was very undressed when I got the call. Glad it went though and It is safely back as is the blue car. Very very dirty from rain and mud splashes though!

Just as a thought, If the JCB GT40 needs more body work repair, maybe it would consider getting a real pair of headlamps! the ones it wears look naff! (Naff English word originating in the Midlands, meaning not right, crap, rubbish etc etc) A little translation for our American Cousins!

The Goodwood Mklls are out again soon for another show and then at the Great Western Kit car Show in November (16th & 17th) on the MDA stands along with our mark one and hopefully the new car.

Again thanks to the guys for sharing their photos and Videos. Dave, can you save the video to CD Rom? It maybe that some of the guys want a copy of it and are prepared to cover costs etc..

Anyone got a Big Block Ford Transmission? The Renault is a good gearbox, but I really dont to run the risk with a seven litre!!

Cheers

Mark Sibley

Attachments

• 22237-MVC-022F.JPG
    22237-MVC-022F.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 294

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

MDA,

I hear from a very reliable source that the T-44 will be available next year by summer.....can you wait?

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back