I'm beginning to think I cannot take this any more...

AJ, you have summed it all up very well.
We can inflict massive casualties by remote control at minimum cost, why not post pictures of our enemies cultural , religious, industrial, agricultural centers, seaports etc on line, with the proviso that an unprovoked attack on the US or our allies woud result in the random wiping out of one of these important places?
Remember the videos of people in the Middle East cheering the fall of the Towers?
A few well placed cruise missles at that time might have lowered the enthusiam level of those folks concerning future attacks on the West.
Right now we are swapping the lives of our soldiers and some very expensive equipment for temporary custody of some mud huts, what is the point?
IMHO
Dave

I am beginning to sound a little shrill on this subject and should clarify that I don't have any particular dislike for Middle Easterners, I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with many folks from that region and I realize that the Jihadists don't represent the views of everybody there.
I do think it is a mistake for us to assume that the rest of the World wants to be just like us, the differences between cultures and people is what makes this an interesting planet.
Dave

Jack and Pete,sometimes I think the rest of the world would leave the US,the UK,OZ,NZ(no one messes with Canada) and the other civilized democracies(OK OK,we're a republic) alone if we all felt that way! As David has said, one problem that the US faces is our leaders and a good chunk of the population think the rest of the world has to think just like us. We,the Western World, have been operating under this conceit since the Crusades. It is our [supposed] sacred value of the individual human life that separates us from other cultures,of course our standard of living and opportunity play a big part in the attractiveness of our society. We,as a culture,outside of wartime,have been reluctant to trade the lives of thousands of 'innocents' for victory. Unfortunately we are becoming more like them every day - the 'acceptable collateral loss' conundrum. Would you think you could use a couple of captured Taliban grunts as a bargaining chip to get them to stand down? Can you say "Fat chance" boys and girls?
So, guys,your 'feelings',although inserted for comic relief(I hope, or I'm in trouble too), have merit. Basically "F**k with us and we'll blast your collective asses right off the planet" might be the way,albeit ruthless,to go. Guess I'm a .40 cal Democrat.

Last edited:
This investigation against those who interogated TERRORIST prisioners and the possible prosecution and prison for them, has REALLY pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need another 9/11 for everyone to get their heads out of their asses again! Don't offend the poor terrorists. BS. "Protect us, but be kind to everyone" Bunch of wimps!

Al, you might want to reconsider that. I wouldn't want to see another 2000 innocent Americans die to give us the second wake up call, or rather the snooze alarm as we already had the first one. This could have been done a lot more cheaply: 3 .308 rounds (one each for Saddam and his two sons) and a plane ticket for the guy to deliver them. Then let the Iraqis sort it out as is going to happen anyway when we leave. In Afghanistan,burn the poppy fields and kill two birds with one stone,a good start on controlling our drug problem and ending funding for the Taliban. Russia sure doesn't want any part in supporting them.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I saw a very good letter from a Canadian lady today which sums up our collective feelings I think, but before I publish it I need to check its veracity and sober up a little. Certainly the sentiment therein I agree with.
Tomorrow.

Al, you might want to reconsider that. I wouldn't want to see another 2000 innocent Americans die to give us the second wake up call, or rather the snooze alarm as we already had the first one. This could have been done a lot more cheaply: 3 .308 rounds (one each for Saddam and his two sons) and a plane ticket for the guy to deliver them. Then let the Iraqis sort it out as is going to happen anyway when we leave. In Afghanistan,burn the poppy fields and kill two birds with one stone,a good start on controlling our drug problem and ending funding for the Taliban. Russia sure doesn't want any part in supporting them.

AJ, I am not serious about the 9/11 remark, but most people act like pregnant women, as soon as the baby is born they forget the pain! This administration is thinking about prosecuting the CIA for verbal threats and mock executions. This country is being run by total idiots. First it was non lethal water boarding, now it's talking to them improperly and giving them bad mental images. How are we suposed to deal with a real threat with so many moronic rules being imposed? I'm sure the terrorist are laughing their butts off at the stupidity of our government. Kind of makes you wonder what the governments end goal is!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I saw a very good letter from a Canadian lady today which sums up our collective feelings I think, but before I publish it I need to check its veracity and sober up a little. Certainly the sentiment therein I agree with.
Tomorrow.

O.k. a search of Snopes revealed nothing, but I cannot vouch for the authenticity of this, it was emailed to me yesterday.<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%">

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , Canada to her local newspaper. This is one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the nation's capital and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan.

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blows themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting a home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and, you guessed it, I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behaviour!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this.

One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The Canadian Soldier.

3. The British Soldier.

4. The US Soldier.

5. The Anzacs

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.'

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ALL OF THEM. AMEN!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That lady has more sense than the whole of western worlds total politicions.
she should be running for president
Kaspa

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Reports on SKY news :

Only 150 people voted in Helmand Province.
10 of our soldiers have lost their lives in Helmand alone, making sure this election went ahead.
Now our Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth has hailed the election in Afghanistan a success.

Words fail me. He will have to live with his stupid and crass words until his dying day which I hope will come sooner rather than later.

That lady has more sense than the whole of western worlds total politicions.
she should be running for president
Kaspa

At least this lady, just like politicians, has the same problem of getting her facts straight:
Not only are Canadian, American and British soldiers dying over there but also an increasing number of German soldiers, not to mention those of other NATO-Allies, even though their country has yet never been the target of an terrorist bombing.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The problem with letting politicians get involved is they try and wage a "nice" war that will not lose them votes. They dream up ridiculous rules of engagement that limit what the troops can do, effectively giving the advantage to an enemy that has no rules and is ruthless.

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu

The problem with letting politicians get involved is they try and wage a "nice" war that will not lose them votes. They dream up ridiculous rules of engagement that limit what the troops can do, effectively giving the advantage to an enemy that has no rules and is ruthless.

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu

And another of my favorites (if the politico's would only read these):

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Marcus, Not only has the lady got her soldier facts wrong, but also her basic premis.
At least this lady, just like politicians, has the same problem of getting her facts straight:
Not only are Canadian, American and British soldiers dying over there but also an increasing number of German soldiers, not to mention those of other NATO-Allies, even though their country has yet never been the target of an terrorist bombing.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and have continually threatened to do so since?

This war was not started on 11 Sept '01 but a long time earlier. You can go back to the crusades and earlier but the grievance was not helped by the British government during the 1914 war trying to stir up anti German support within international Zionism by offering support for the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. The famous letter involved also said that this should be done without any negative impact on Palestinian Arabs. That bit was ignored in the late 1940s by ethnic cleansing Israelis who were not above killing British soldiers on the way. Since then Israel has always been supported by American money and military might as it pushed Arabs out of their homeland, ignored every UN resolution and continued illegal building on occupied land.

That, dear lady is the reason why America is hated so much by Islamic people and it has gone on for so long with such support amongst American people that I despair of seeing any way out of the mess.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Have the politicians not figured it out

They cannot win a war against a terrorist force
It has been tried many times and every time (well every time I have checked) the terrorists uprising wins. (Mostly this is because of the lack of will to lower the ways of the "forces" to the same level as those used by the "terrorists")

Think about it
Vietnam, Rhodesia, Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan and no doubt many more

Ian

Back