Mark Reid RCR-40 Build

Paint sample!

Here are the colors I am painting the car. Sorry for the picture, it was taken at night. You really have to see these colors in the sun to appreciate the pop:

GT-40119.jpg

On the left side of the panel, you see our original thought which was to edge the orange with white. After looking at it in the sun, we thought where the white met the orange it was a bit blah. We then trimmed a strip off the left edge and laid it on the orange to put a blue stripe between the orange and white (right side of the panel). Now your talking! I like that much better and that is how it will be finished.

Yes, sometimes if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself! I came to do some work on the chassis and that slave driver put me to work wet sanding! We got it all done, but I have no finger prints left or feeling in the tips of my fingers. Hey, a small sacrifice for the team!

Mark your talent as a builder have alwaysed impressed me and the way you just jumped in to get this project ready in record time is fantastic. If you keep this up Hollywood will be knocking at our door to do a OCC sprecial on us. You can the one that breaks down the doors and start yelling at everyone :drunk:

Damn i wanted that job.... i'd be no good at the building but i can hurl abuse and break things with the best of them :)

I love seeing your car all covered in sanding dust in the background. That was truly a low point for me. I thought I would never get it clean! I guess we all go through that stage. The car looks great!

Dean, I cringe every time I see it like that. My 14 year old son, Mike is coming with me on Saturday to give it a good cleaning. I told him it would take several hours and he didn't believe me. Then I showed him a picture and he estimated all day!

Stripes are painted
The orange is a three stage paint. Bright white was put down first. It serves both as the base for the Lambo orange and as the white pin stripe. Here the orange is down and the white strip is masked on the nose. I forgot the camera and Mike took these with my cell phone:

ghjghjgj.jpg

jghjhjg.jpg

untitledlklk.jpg

The rear clip is masked for painting the blue:

ghjghj.jpg

This one is for you, Dean! I couldn't stand it any more, the dust on the chassis was freaking me out. While Ron and I were working, Mike cleaned the chassis:

untitled-1.jpg

rtyry.jpg

And we popped the nose on to check it out:

jgjghjvbvb.jpg

yutyutyut.jpg

Mark,
Nice color scheme. I bet you have trouble sleeping, wanting to get the car done. Are you on schedule to make Carlisle?

Howard

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It's like a long slow drum-roll ! ! ! !

Geeze am I jealous!!!

Well I thought you all would like to see Mark color combo on the GT. These pictures were taken just a few hours ago. Mark is away for a few days and cant see them :cry: The lighting in the paint room does the colors no justice but after I get it color sanded, polished and put back together I will take a few more, these are just a tease

Ron

Metal-morphous Inc.

MVC-021S5.JPG

MVC-025S4.JPG

MVC-024S3.JPG

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
BOING ! ! ! !

Doggone that's good looking... I love the white Chaser Stripes!!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back