Mark Worthington Stuck

I just heard from Mark. He is stuck in the UK and needs someone to send him some money to get home. Sorry Mark, but I spent all my money on a shippment of resin. There must be someone in the UK that you could work for to earn some money for the trip home.
Sorry, Bill Hough

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just had a discussion with Frank who has had a similar message. We are unsure about how genuine it is and if Mark is under some sort of duress or not.

Pedro

Supporter
Got the same email and this looks like a scam, I forward it to another email account and it stop it as spam mail, be careful.

Malcolm

Supporter
Content of dubious email is as follows....

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent
but it's because of the situation of things right now,I'm stuck in
Wales United Kingdom with family right now,we came down here on
vacation,we were robbed, worse of it was that our bags, cash and
credit cards were stolen of us at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are
not being 100% supportive but the good thing is that we still have our
passports but don't have enough money to clear the hotel bills, please
i need you to loan me some money, I'll reimburse you as soon as I'm
back home.PROMISE,You have my word,Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Mark

Looks very odd to me. If Mark is genuinely in trouble then he would be able to contact one of the UK crowd in a more personal and authentic way. There are plenty here who would ride to the rescue but this does smell of scam to me. American family held up at gun point in Wales? Wouldn't that make the news big time?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
If he gets directly in contact with anyone, as him to ring me on 07767 450989 and we'll try and sort things out. Until then I think we are dealing with a scam. Does anyone know his numbers at his home?
Dave M

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Definitely a scam. However I am down to my last Crown Lager without enough cash to buy another six pack, please help. This.is not a scam.

Thanks guys! I really thought right from the first that this was a scam. Sorry Pete, I'm down to my last six pack. I'll be thinking of ya !!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Definitely a scam. However I am down to my last Crown Lager without enough cash to buy another six pack, please help. This.is not a scam.

Pete,

Too expensive to ship a six-pack, so to save cost I have drunk the sixer and am shipping you the processed results in a plastic baggie..........................

Certainly looks scammish - The english isn't bad, but perhaps not good enough...?

Surely someone must have a way of contacting Mark...

David/Keith,
I always feel better after a good leek... ;)
(That may be my first triple entendre on this forum!)

Pete's situation on the other hand: that sounds bloody serious mate!
Rick, you shouldn't really take the p!ss like that... ;)

Tim.

Yeah, my gmail account got hacked...Facebook too. I really wish I knew how they did it because I want to make sure this never happens again. Spent all day changing bank accounts, etc. Hopefully Google will help me get my account back. Facebook is useless.

Of course the dead give-away that it was from a spammer was the bit about vacationing in Wales. :laugh:

Yeah, my gmail account got hacked...Facebook too. I really wish I knew how they did it because I want to make sure this never happens again. Spent all day changing bank accounts, etc. Hopefully Google will help me get my account back. Facebook is useless.

Do you use the same password for multiple websites? Frequently folks will steal a password from a poorly secured site, and then try the username/password at more interesting sites like gmail, facebook, amazon, ...

Back