Mating an O1E Transaxle with a 302SBF

Hi Guys

Currently researching the ideal Transaxle to use with a 302SBF Stroker.

What modifications would be required (if any) and also could you recommend, a supplier of a Bellhousing/Adapters etc, to get this to work.

Any optional Transaxles to consider would be appreciated.

If its too much messing around, then I may well just go the Quaife route, whilst quite expensive, its bombproof.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

What modifications would be required (if any) and also could you recommend, a supplier of a Bellhousing/Adapters etc, to get this to work.

If its too much messing around, then I may well just go the Quaife route, whilst quite expensive, its bombproof.

Thanks in advance
Kennedy Engineering-adapter plates, clutches, flywheels and starters for many different engine types.

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance
Dave, do not believe the Quaife is bomb proof, do your homework first, they can be a very expensive error

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I have an O1E and a 302Windsor in my car, adaptor supplied by RF. As this is a common option I'm sure that there are many suppliers that can help.
Cheers
Bill

Dave, do not believe the Quaife is bomb proof, do your homework first, they can be a very expensive error
Frank,

Thanks for the heads up.

I am interested to understand why you believe that a Quaife is not suitable, for my application ?? Is it based on personal experience?

There are also Renault, Audi and ZF Transaxles, as well as RBT DS-25/2 in USA that I have also considered.

Any further input from yourself, as to your previous statement, would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Mike Pass

GT40s Supporter
Porsche G50. Used in the Ultima. Needs to be inverted. We have one up here that has been taking 500 ft.lbs. for over 20 years including track and hillclimb.
Cheers
Mike