Mazda 20 B engine in SL-C

Thanks Tim, I'll have to check out the Leaf compressor. I work at the Nissan Powertrain plant, and spent the 14 yrs Prior to that at the Smyrna Veh ass'y plant that now produces the Leaf. Looks Like I may have a source for the A/C compressor.....I'm pretty sure thay are produced by Calsonic like the rest of the A/C systems we use.

I'm right up the road from you in Chattanooga. Just got done spending the week at Roat Atlanta for the Petit. We had a trailer in RV8-9 overlooking the back straight. I go to Dawsonville regularly and occassionally take in a concert at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Alpharetta. I grew up in Redan (Stone Mtn area). I'd love to see your GT40 some time; Is it an RCR?

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, I'll have to check out the Leaf compressor. I work at the Nissan Powertrain plant, and spent the 14 yrs Prior to that at the Smyrna Veh ass'y plant that now produces the Leaf. Looks Like I may have a source for the A/C compressor.....I'm pretty sure thay are produced by Calsonic like the rest of the A/C systems we use.

I'm right up the road from you in Chattanooga. Just got done spending the week at Roat Atlanta for the Petit. We had a trailer in RV8-9 overlooking the back straight. I go to Dawsonville regularly and occassionally take in a concert at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Alpharetta. I grew up in Redan (Stone Mtn area). I'd love to see your GT40 some time; Is it an RCR?

Hi I don't have a 40 yet I am having to build an intermediate car as part of the savings plan :)
I have a factory five Daytona Coupe with a Ford modular V8 in it I am finishing.Some pictures can be found here The Homeschool Coupe
I would be glad to get together anytime you are in town though.

Any new pictures of your car Dave?

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,302
I picked mine up yesterday. The body is on the lift taped together, and sorting out the parts.

I want to thank Fran for the time spent with us, the tour and his first class operation.

Its was nice to see all the activity, people working, and who care and take the time to explain things to get a better understanding of the car.

Thanks again Fran, Doug and Vicki and everyone else there, it was worth the drive.

I picked mine up yesterday. The body is on the lift taped together, and sorting out the parts.

I want to thank Fran for the time spent with us, the tour and his first class operation.

Its was nice to see all the activity, people working, and who care and take the time to explain things to get a better understanding of the car.

Thanks again Fran, Doug and Vicki and everyone else there, it was worth the drive.

Pictures please!!!! Still living through other people's builds.

Congrats on the new arrival. Now we can start our own club within the club :)
Gary emailed me some pics of his previous projects. Wow. No shortage of skills or resources on his part should produce one hell of a nice car.

Any new pictures of your car Dave?

attachment.php

Not my car, but here is my new arrival, showed up on Sunday.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1381787_10202084640894702_1921081000_n.jpg
    1381787_10202084640894702_1921081000_n.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,354
Not my car, but here is my new arrival, showed up on Sunday.

attachment.php

That's odd- I don't see a checkered flag on your new arrival yet. Too soon from the hospital to get the new addition indoctrinated in fumes from the rotary? :)

Good luck with the new addition- I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Pictures please!!!! Still living through other people's builds.

+1 man! I like reading and seeing others builds while finishing priorities on this end. Congrats Dave and Wife on the lil bundle of joy. The SLC should make one heck of a prom car. :thumbsup:

Here are some pictures of the unload and sorting out for the start. I am on a Mac, and not sure how to downsize them and send them. Some picts are of my shop and my twin blower set up on my 38 packard.

Attachments

• DSCF0270.JPG.zip
    590.4 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCF0271.JPG.zip
    628.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCF0272.JPG.zip
    615.4 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF0273.JPG.zip
    644.7 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCF0274.JPG.zip
    601.4 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF0275.JPG.zip
    617.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF0276.JPG.zip
    598.8 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF0277.JPG.zip
    628.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCF0278.JPG.zip
    631.1 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF0279 2.JPG.zip
    625.4 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF0279 4.JPG.zip
    625.4 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF0279.JPG.zip
    625.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF0280.JPG.zip
    646.5 KB · Views: 300
Congrats again on the delivery. Wish I had that much shop space and equipment to play with.

You must have had the car completely disassembled from the looks of it?

attachment.php

Was curious about the turbo exhaust manifold. Did you make it knowing the dimensions of the car or is it a used setup you will adapt to make fit? Looks new to me.

What are the specs on the turbo you have. I know you said it is a GReddy unit, but that covers a pretty wide range of sizes.

I called dibs on the 787b paint scheme already :D

Attachments

• DSCF0275.jpg
    DSCF0275.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,356
I didn't have the car assembled, its all on me but Fran is very helpful with pieces parts.

The turbo is T88 H Custom 20B FD turbo kit w 60mm WG and 4 inch DP.

I have to cut and weld the rest of it, but I will try to make it go out the center above the tranny even if I have to go smaller.

3 X 2200 cc/min Secondary fuel injectors
3 X 725 cc/min Primary fuel injectors
X-treme Rotaries fuel rails (Pri and Sec)
Michrotech LT16 with X6 box and dongle / unterminated harness
With GM 3 Bar MAP sensor and LSI coils
FD Water pump housing
3 pc billet pulley kit FD w S6 Alt and belt

20B engine assy Silver vein finish street ported and polished, dowel pinned, clearanced and balanced rotating assy, oil mods, full rebuild, REC race 2mm apex seals.

Complete with front cover , pulley drive hub, CAS, rear counterweight, upper and lower intake manifolds, engine mounting brackets, oil pedestal, 20B water pump assy

Kennedy 9" double disk
Mendeola S 5 sequential gear box, 4:88 ring an pinion 5 gear is .8 first is 3.25 something like that. geared around 160 at 8000.

Back