Mazda 20 B engine in SL-C

Gary, I agree with the suggestions made by Howard and Al. IMO, both are worthwhile!

Also, when installing the steering column, you may have to relocate the tilt and telescopic motors. I and others have discovered that our feet hit the motors when transitioning your foot from petal to petal. This is one reason it is so important to position the seat at this time.

In post #46 of my build log, I addressed how I resolved this problem.

Good luck,
Jim

Well its standing on it own feet. Grommets are in, have brakes, kinda tuff for me to get in and out of it, guess ill have to loose a little more.

Will fit the center section on next I guess unless I should so something else first.

Tranny is shipping Tuesday, be a week before it gets here, same with the motor hopefully that ships next week.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0299.jpg
    DSCF0299.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCF0295.jpg
    DSCF0295.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 474
  • DSCF0296.jpg
    DSCF0296.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 583
  • DSCF0297.jpg
    DSCF0297.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 468
Yes, Logan is using 2 ECU's to control the 3plugs per rotor. I don't think that Ill go with 3 plugs, just the 5 bearing eccentric shaft and P-ported housings. Since I'm doing this myself, I'll orient the intake as required. Just curious as to how it is mapped to the ECU. I've also been reading up on the Galliano transaxles. It appears that they will hold up to the torque of the LSx. Need to rethik the engine again.....

Well its standing on it own feet. Grommets are in, have brakes, kinda tuff for me to get in and out of it, guess ill have to loose a little more. Here are some pics.

I noted your brake fluid lines but can't tell what they are. Mine sweated and dripped fluid. I switched them out for brake fluid capable hoses and now no issues. Just a heads up use EPDM or SBR hose if you haven't already.

I used what came with the master cylinders that all. The biggest mess was when I pressurized the cap for bleeding and had to much air pressure, 8 lbs, and it blew off one of the reservoir, brake fluid everywhere, it does clean the concrete floor good tho.

Not quite sure about the body mounting, I know the sides, but is there place else for the center section?

Need to find some pictures of the race tail mounting, I guess I can finish mounting the body till my motor and tranny get here. My car was just the parts, it wasn't put together from Fran, my choosing to save money.

Here my progress. Motor is shipping tomorrow from Calgary, Tranny shipped today from Mendenola, putting the doors on, wheels, etc. Center part of the body is mounted. I know the doors wont open that much, but I will look at it to see if I can make them open that far, longer shock, different mount, something like that.

Attachments

• DSCF0303.jpg
    DSCF0303.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 20131121_170518.jpg
    20131121_170518.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 472
Here is the color of the rotor housings, and manifold. Might of posted these before, not sure.

Attachments

• Garry Powder coated parts 002.jpg
    Garry Powder coated parts 002.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCF0274.jpg
    DSCF0274.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 406
Im going to see how much room is left after I mount the motor and tranny, Summit racing is just down the street from me, ill go there and see what they have, Ill use a Howe racing radiator and fans, oil cooler, and hopefully I dont have to use a dry sump. Tranny will be here on Wends, motor probably beginning of Dec, coming from Calgary.

No way around the dry sump unless you are comfortable hanging your oil pan several inches below the frame rail on a 4" ground clearanced car. Better start shopping. Wish I had a Summit warehouse right down the street from me.

FYI, Mazdaspeed makes a replacement front cover that incorporates the dry sump pump into it to save space (not money). There are a few vendors who sell them including Racing Beat, Mazdatrix, and Chips Motorsports.

I talked about it to Rotary Performance, but hopefully by turning the mendola upside down, I can raise up the motor so it dont hang down below the frame.

Adam, was telling me about the new front housing, but Im hoping I don't have to go that route, just raise up the motor a little more.

If I have to I will, hopefully I can spend the money elsewhere. The tranny will be here on Wends.

Still getting shipping finalized with customs, broker, and what ever else I need to do.

Got board waiting for my tranny, so I made these wheel centers up for my corvette wheels, instead of the 2 flags I made this up.

Attachments

• wheel center.jpg
    wheel center.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 464
Back