Mazda 20 B engine in SL-C

Keith

Well done Garry! A YouTube video would seem the best and easiest way. The hardest part of that process would be subscribing to Google.

I cant get the sound to come out right, just sounds like noise, well it is noisy but I dont know what to do to make it sound like a rotary like you hear on youtube.

Im up for suggestions if anybody knows.

Try putting the mic in the next county over. That should be far enough away to prevent any distortion the mic encounters due to the car beeing too loud.

Congrats...green with envy over here.

I have some tuning issues, I am going to put a O2 sensor as soon as Microtech tells me it will work with there unit, Summit has them, I just want to make sure its compatable.

I still have other things to hook up, fuel pressure regulator, boost controller, waste gate controller, etc. I just wanted to make sure all the coils I wired right, sensors, etc.

Gone thru 2 sets of plugs in 3 gallons of gas so Im rich and have to figure out how to lean it out using the computer.

I have a Microtech 15, which is the lastest, newest, and with no info or maps on the net to use.

I have plenty of other work to button things up. Put a Howe radiator in there, 3500 cfm fans each on the radiator, the fans were more then the radiator.

Have to tidy up the wiring, add relays, etc.

Attachments

• DSCF0450.jpg
    DSCF0450.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCF0451.jpg
    DSCF0451.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 462
  • DSCF0452.jpg
    DSCF0452.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 511
  • DSCF0453.jpg
    DSCF0453.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCF0454.jpg
    DSCF0454.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 483
Better zip tie those vacuum caps or they will blow off.

Have you tuned a turbo rotary before? Not a platform to learn on if you haven't, just saying. A friend of mine, Steve Kan, is one of the best rotary tuners, among other platforms, in the country and will travel to you. He is very familiar with Microtechs.

I still need to finish up plumbing the turbo, boost controller, relief valve, I like doing everything my self.

The guy who put the base map in from Microtech said the same thing, he'd come out, but I really just want it to run, not interested in squezing out all the power. I plan on driving it all the time this summer, if it has 5-600 hp, thats fine with me.

I have a friend in Cleveland that has a chassis dyno, I can always takeit to him. I am familiar with fuel injection tuning, had a few holley systems, so hopefully I can do this, it seems pretty straight forward so far.

I would like to find a different type of plug for it tho, I run a NGK 5255, so far I fouled out 2 sets till I got it closer with the fuel map, but they seamed to foul out easy.

Ill be posting some sound soon, have a couple more things to hookup before I can twist it up, boost controller, fuel pressure regulartor, but probably this weekend.

I also got a muffler in case it to loud, one like is on the Mazda Furai.

Here are my copper radiator lines, took a couple hours to make, around 400 bucks in material, 20 ft of copper, elbows, 45's hose clamps, insulation.

Attachments

• DSCF0472.jpg
    DSCF0472.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCF0466.jpg
    DSCF0466.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 457
Taking it on its first trip tomorrow, to the alignment shop. Did a few burn outs with it, very effortlessly, 1-2-3-4 ran out of room for 5th. Just been in a parking lot across the street from my shop.

Here are some pictures, before I load it in the trailer in the morning. 15 degrees here now, was 45 yesterday. In first gear at 1500 its as fast as a slow jog, can almost just side step the clutch and no stalling at idle.

Hope you like the pictures, other then removing the vac gauge and oil pressure gauge temp hook up the mechanical is almost finished, some wiring left for the lights and stuff.

Body mounting to finalize then the body work will begin, still up in the air for paint tho, I do want something different.

Ok, figured it out here are the pictures all aligned, did a burn out with it, all seems good, now ready to fit the body on and start body work.

Attachments

• DSCF0516.jpg
    DSCF0516.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCF0515.jpg
    DSCF0515.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCF0514.jpg
    DSCF0514.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF0513.jpg
    DSCF0513.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCF0511.jpg
    DSCF0511.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCF0512.jpg
    DSCF0512.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 448

Keith

Hey Garry! Looks brilliant mate, but I'm just trying to figure out how you managed to put the steering wheel on the wrong side for chrissake! :thumbsdown:

Can't wait to hear this car. Recalling a ride I took in a 3rd Gen RX-7 with a 20B.....the sound was intoxicating and mind blowing. Please post sound track ASAP! Continued success with your build.....has to be the 1 and only SLC with Rotary Power and that has to be exciting for you.

Thanks guys, I am finishing mounting the body today, then body work starts, im thinks about a paint scheme on the second car back, the red and white car or the blue and grey

Attachments

• PAINT.jpg
    PAINT.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 357
  • PAINT1.jpg
    PAINT1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 356
Well done getting the car to this point so quickly. If only I cold do it that way.

I will like any paint scheme you choose as long as it is does not resemble the car in the lead of the first pic ;)

Here are my tail lights, the lenses are thick you grind to match the body. I am gluing them in today, Ill finish sanding them flush tomorrow. Here is a couple pics installing them.

Brake and tail are the triangle, blinker is one center, the other center is back up, all are very bright led's

Attachments

• DSCF0527.jpg
    DSCF0527.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCF0528.jpg
    DSCF0528.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF0529.jpg
    DSCF0529.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCF0530.jpg
    DSCF0530.jpg