MDA GT40 Rebuild.

Bit more progress. The business end is looking more like I first visioned. Gear selector is selecting gears as it should, clutch is all bled up and feels pretty good. Fuel lines are 90% done. We had to machine a filler and overflow on the cam covers. Loom and throttle cable is next on the list.
Bodywork wise, we are a little further than in the images. Had to do a bunch of glass repairs on the doors plus front and rear clam. Arches need a little filler and everything should be in primer by the weekend. Paint has arrived and we did a spray out card which looks incredible. Not sure if I show you lot or wait Oli too we lay it down on the body.

Fantastic build Jack! Just spent some time going through all of your posts the exhaust you built is amazing. The Merc is beautiful as well.

Eric

Fantastic build Jack! Just spent some time going through all of your posts the exhaust you built is amazing. The Merc is beautiful as well.

Eric
Thanks Eric. It’s getting there. Really pushing hard on it now as I really want it ready for the car show in June 20th.

Just sold the Merc, it’s just gone to London.

Fantastic work!!! Always look forward to your updates. What route have you gone down in terms of seats?
Thanks Andy, still not sure on this. A few ideas in mind but it’s hard to know what will look right, be period correct and also offer the safety and support I want.

720B3FC5-CA16-4A53-861B-9DC481CE5E3B.jpeg
FB469124-4CEB-4B70-B2E8-B1A8C5A7E3ED.jpeg
FBD9CBCE-F7CB-4D57-871E-7017DD5E0E2E.jpeg
D9DBFD0E-968D-4571-AFE9-7B38994EE581.jpeg
042AAD7A-6F6F-41E4-9FE9-3BED91F18F84.jpeg
E886794D-5BD2-45ED-B970-74A48CAF2C1F.jpeg
E2324F9F-CB78-4722-A995-73CA6B8EF2CC.jpeg
D2D8D005-F99C-4B9D-9ACE-4DD0D12B02DC.jpeg
6F03DED5-55F3-4080-879A-24CC4FC79913.jpeg

Hi all.
Sorry the updates have been pretty slack. I set up a new company in December which has really eaten into my free time so I have been relying on a good friend to get stuck in when he has the time on completing things like the loom, plumbing, bodywork alignment etc. Unfortunately the body shop managed to break both front and rear windscreens ‍♂️ frustrating!

On a positive note I “think” the car will be ready to fire up within the next month. We are pretty much there on that front. Turns out I was well off track in getting it ready for the car show. Maybe 2022 was more realistic.

Stepping back and seeing the profile of the car in that colour with the 15” black wheels, Gulf arches and low stance I have really fallen back in love with it. Now I just need to convince the wife To allow me to make the wall glass at home between the garage and the family room. Maybe I just do it then ask

So, a few wires, fuel tanks and fillers, bodywork, glass, lights ant interior then she’s good to go. Doesn’t sound much however I’ve come to realise that sounding much and actually being much are two very different things.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this horrendous summer!

Cheers, J

F96BA691-F684-4EE5-BE9F-378E828B336A.jpeg

That is BEAUTIFUL.
Is it a matte Sauterne Gold?
The end is in site, can’t wait to hear it fire up.

That’s the colour combo I was looking at doing although gloss. Damn you :D

That is BEAUTIFUL.
Is it a matte Sauterne Gold?
The end is in site, can’t wait to hear it fire up.

That’s the colour combo I was looking at doing although gloss. Damn you :D

Hi Chris
Thank you, yes it is, turning out exactly how I wanted. Cannot wait to get out in it.

Back