Mega Bloks Ford GT ProBuilder #9710

After about 6 hours or so of assembling 600-odd Lego-like blocks, you end up with a really neat (approx. 1/12 scale) yellow Ford GT.

Highly recommended, pics to follow... just the thing to occupy your time while away from the garage. I just wish my car was as easy to assemble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick

Some pics from the Mega Bloks site:

Attachments

• 45128-173_med.jpg
    45128-173_med.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,939
It just arrived and I'm looking forward to building it.

However, there's a small mystery. On the box there's a small black and white picture of a race car. At first I thought it might be the F3L, but now I think it might be a Lola. Does anyone recognize it? What ever it is, it's definitely not a Ford GT.

Toys R Us is selling it online for $18 plus tax and shipping.

Ben, I'll take a look tonight to see what it is, I thought it was a Porsche 906 Carrera, will confirm later on...

Would be cool if they continue in this theme, 1/18th diecast is hard enough to display, imagine 1/12th!

Rick

[ QUOTE ]
Ben, I'll take a look tonight to see what it is, I thought it was a Porsche 906 Carrera, will confirm later on...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right.

A picture on the side of the box saying that the Porsche will be an upcoming kit would make sense (if they're doing that). But why do they have a photo of a Porsche on the front of the box? I would have thought they'd put a photo of the actual concept car in that spot.

That's another question, what it the lead time for making a kit like this? The yellow concept car was unveiled at the Detroit car show January 2002.

Yup, it's a Porsche 906. No where on the box does it list Porsche for copyright purposes so they may just grabbed any old pic and used that for advertisement purposes.

Hope they do a ProBuilder version, though, my finished Ford GT has a place of honour on top of my TV to remind me to get my butt back into the garage!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back