Mendeola transaxles

Hi All,

I just read that Mendeola transaxles were planning to show a newly developed transaxle (SDR) at the SEMA-show last month. Did anyone at this forum go there?

Rgds,
Lars

Just got back. Their stuff looks great. Unfortunately the box design is very long and unuseable in a GT40. I have been encouraging them to do a shorter design. We will see how it goes. I also spoke with Ian from Mendeola to visit here.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys,
I too was at SEMA and was impressed with their T/As, kinda pricy though.....seem to remember above 10K USD.. While their current high HP assembly is too long, they are planning another which will be shorter, but unfortunately will also be rated at lower HP/Tq. Don't recall for certain, but think he said 400HP max.

To be honest I did not think that their prices were too out of line. Boxes appear to be very strong. Their R&P's are much larger then the ZF for example. We will see what they come up with in terms of a reduced size unit. I think Ian appreciates the way we drive in the US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you know the ball park price for the SDR, and whether it is available as a 6 speed? It doesn't seem to appear on the Mendeola website yet.

Thanks

$11,450 Was what they told me at the show. SDR features include the 5 speed 10" ring and pinion. 85mm shaft centers, 1 3/16"-18 1nput splines(single or dual disk), Solid perimeter forged brass syncro rings, 4.11 or 4.86 Ring and Pinion, cut back billet sliders, Tapered roller bearings on mainshaft, Full syncro,heli-cal cut reverse assembly, Ford 9" 4 spider open differential, 930 Drive Stubs, Dana 60 differential w/custom side gears, Billet shift rails and syncro hubs, Investment cast NI-CR-MO Shift forks..Street options include GKN Series 18 C.V. drivestubs, Ultra heavy duty bias-gear limited slip, Complete gearstock w/100% ground tooth forms, Dual cone molysprayed syncro assemblies, Shot peening and rem finishing

Thanks BillE

That would make it about A$20K with the current exchange rate + freight + import duty + goods & services tax, which still puts it around the price of a new G50 6 speed. I havn't checked with Lloyd about pricing for the RBT-6 yet, but I would imagine they are all in the same ball-park. If so, the Mendeola would have to offer something special. From the specs you quote it sounds very well built and super tough!

How's the GIANT coming?

Ian did not mention specific price but hinted at $10k (said they were trying to sell it for $9k). I guess you could make them an offer and see how it goes. Still too big for 40 though.

Thanks Gary. $9k or so would make it extremely cost competitive in the new transaxle market.

Did anyone at SEMA manage to get hold of the dimensions? I can't see anything about the SDR on their website. My project has a little more space to play with than a GT-40, but anything longer than a G50 will come at the expense of boot volume...

Gary, it's very late at night here so forgive me if I've got this totally wrong.

The way I read the website specs for the "S" puts the distance from the front of the transaxle to the half shaft centre line at 250mm. I think the comparable distance on the G50/xx is about 205mm. This is a large chunk of the 6" of additional length.

Maybe I've just embarrased myself.

Gary, it's very late at night here so forgive me if I've got this wrong.

The way I read the website specs for the "S" line is that the distance from the front of the transaxle to the half shaft centre line is about 250mm. I think the comparable distance on the G50/xx is about 205mm (I don't know what it is for the ZF). If so, this is a large chunk of the 6" of additional length...

Maybe I've just embarrassed myself.

If you hunt around the site you can find drawings of most of their tranaxles. It look to me that they are loosing ~1.5" - 2" in the belhousing and the rest in the tranny part (with the large R&P gear spacing and rear shift section).

Back