Mid Atlantic Garage Get-together this Saturday!

I'm having a garage GTG this Saturday, November 14, from noon to 5 PM at my garage in Clifton, VA.

Everyone is invited, and there will be snacks, soda and beer for everyone.

If you are in the area, PM me for the address.

I'll be showing the SLC, for those who want a closer look at that as well.

-Will

We may have two SLCs at the Garage GTG, so if you've been wanting to see one or more up close, this is a great time for that.

Looks like the weather will be dry for the GTG, so come out and enjoy the fun!

Will, wish I could drive on up, but have a bunch of stuff to do that I made promises on. I already mapquested the drive up route 522 (back roads 2.5 hrs.). Damn -- Take some pictures and post up. The weather should be dry.. just a little cool.

Will, wish I could drive on up, but have a bunch of stuff to do that I made promises on. I already mapquested the drive up route 522 (back roads 2.5 hrs.). Damn -- Take some pictures and post up. The weather should be dry.. just a little cool.

Hey Mike, it's only 90 minutes or so via 95. Less if you use that right pedal! :laugh:

We'll take some pics, but wish you could make it!

-Will

Hi Will,

How did the first annual Mid-Atlantic Garage Get Together turnout? I thought it was a cool idea to get some people from the area together.

Mike

We had a great get-together this weekend, with a little over 20 people, 2 SLCs and an RCR40.

Here are some pictures of the festivities.

EAC-g0kISiQESkrGhVZPMehBCtznbvcX_YCMvw8Krk4_zpsh2y4jdwi.jpg

p_mpupd4DKxCX1ym-0Vw2tMawgZ_nRrDgCsqyyojfhsoME_Nm8an_cAKSIJDYov_VnYGmirHF9T9JDrAjXRj9o_zpssro1bfij.jpg

While my car was inside, Ed's SLC was a big draw outside, with most people marveling at the finish- it's a gelcoat car that many people think has been painted. Ed's SLC also has lots of custom touches, including some cool gauges in the center stack that match the Koso, custom sway bars and intrusion bars as well as a front substructure that allows a tow strap to be mounted in the front.

LqE7F1Pb87l55jczWDZ_Twv-CRhtdMilIXjMTMWOnEMuo1zemNl0KUaR15f3nPqW2BaG3OZ1ZU6k9j3BGtUTO8_zpsfz3cdgme.jpg

Howard's RCR40 drew a lot of positive attention. Most of the attendees hadn't ever seen a GT40 (original or replica) so it was the object of some pretty intense scrutiny.

t9eahL_LEnvI8n2JiUJFZ16PKdw7dbrdJb-uS4-pA9koOvNreSYE3BeZOtO0EW7IniFua7bWGBjAG-a4ekorCc_zpsca4mlexo.jpg

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
I flew down from Boston and spent the weekend with Will. The get together was great. There were about 20 something people, 2 SLCs (Will's and Ed's) and one RCR GT40 Mki (Howard's). It took me sometime to actually figure out that Ed's car was polished gelcoat.

Will and I then went to two coffee-and-car events (Ed slept in and showed up in the middle of the second one). The SLC certainly draws a lot of attention and I wished I had practiced gracefully getting out of it a couple of times -- doing it in front of an audience isn't the best way to go. Will parked across from a nice Ford GT and twin turbo lambo. There were usually more people around the SLC and they spent a lot more time looking at the car and asking questions.

Getting a ride in the SLC was a blast. Will's done an amazing job and the interior was impressive. However, the passenger door actuator started opening several times while going down the highway... he indicated that he have to "add it to his list" but I was wondering if he also automated the harness and was letting me know that it was time to head back to home...

Thanks for a great weekend Will!

Back