My 917/10 is ALIVE!

Very cool! Congrats! Wow - 8 years!!!

Of course, that includes the 917 Lemans car and the modern F1 car but I still had to wait that long to get the 917/10 started because no one had a computer to run the Subaru EZ30 engine.

Go to JB91710 on YouTube to see all the videos.

Really cool Jack, just when I start to wonder if there are any real scratch builder types left in the USA you post a link to your videos, your comments on videos where you have had to sell/trade stuff to pay mortgage etc is something many of us will relate to, be thankful for your location, the peace & quiet of your surrounds will make any challenges fade away. Keep at it!

Hi Jack
I've looked through your video's, but can't seem to find any info on the actual engine coupling.
Maybe I've missed it ??
Love it by the way

Clayton

Hi Jack
I've looked through your video's, but can't seem to find any info on the actual engine coupling.
Maybe I've missed it ??
Love it by the way

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

I have the front engine attached to the rear engine's pulley via two rim to rim flex plates. I found out the pulley material is very weak so I'm changing the connection design to one of two I have come up with. When I redo it, I'll post it.

Jack

Attachments

• 100_0296B.jpg
    100_0296B.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 834
Thanks Jack
After the updated coupler fitted, do you have any plans for the Dyno ?
Love to hear it under load.

Clayton

Dyno's cost money but my tuner will probably want to use one. I never built this car with the intention of it being raced or even driven hard. I'm 67 so I only care about what it looks and sounds like. It will be driven "Spiritedly" but that's it. Can't wait to double clutch it going into a corner!

Jack, are you using the early 3.0 engines with single exh port per bank of 3 cyls or the later 3.0r with individual exh ports? Just curious.

Back