My GT40 at Ascari

VCC56

Lifetime Supporter
Looks and sounds just great, Martin. The circuit also looks fantastic. Not much traffic!

MWGT40

Supporter
Indeed - the circuit is amazing, fantastic facilities that are second to none. There were other cars there - in fact Darius, the Pop Idol finalist, was sharing the pit garage with me. He went off the circuit in a Ferrari F430 Challenge and injured himself (as well as the car). He was taken to a hospital in Spain where he had to stay for a few days before he flew back to London. He is expected to be in a neck brace for up to 6 months.

The circuit is very twisty for a GT40 - it has 26 turns! It is 5.4 miles long.

Martin

MWGT40

Supporter
It is a full crossover system with straight through pipes like the original cars and is made from mild steel.

Mark, that " blue flashing thing " is a digital oil temperature / fuel pressure guage, it is not flashing, but I think the visible flashing on the video is something to do with the camera recording speed. Coupled to the guage are also two very small high intensity lights directly in front of the driver, which indicate both high and low settings as a warning signal, Frank

Thanks for explaining that to me Frank. Leads me to another question, but I'll post that elsewhere to avoid hijacking this thread.

Back