N E W Superlight cars from R.C.R

I know the Twintech guys quite well.....I have seen their car close up.In fact Dave Piontek will be coming by later this week to have us look at a little project...
Paolo...any FWD drive engine/trans package and only $16,000 for the roller as opposed to $50-70,000 for the completed Atom.

u are absolutly right Fran,and your one really looks nicer at all.

Fran-That P car is a knock out. How big of a guy will that car accommodate? I don't have any problem in the GT. Would I need a shoehorn on this one? Keep up the good work!!!!!!
Vaughn

Fran,
where I can read and see a little more of the roadster?.
I like that so much, and think those ones can be perfect for track use (a friend here has one).
I've searched on your website (as everyday I do) but didnt found any info on it

U told that will fit almost all fwd engines and trans, maybe Alfa romeo engines can be perfect for that.
An complete alfa 155 had all fwd (her ONLY good point was engine and transxl,so easy to be tuned-starts at 150 hp)and here is available for 50 dollars.

how much is the weight of that roller?....................(found it 1100 lbs;))
and this means 490 kilos...for 150-180 hp..this sounds REALLY interesting and fun.

best

Attachments

• 200452692522_engine.jpg
    200452692522_engine.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,283
Last edited:
Fran,

It's looks like you did it again. You changed the whole kit car industry with the RCR40, now you set your sights on the Ultima and the Noble! Awesome!

Can you imagine the P with a Ford Duratec 35. Heck, that engine makes 265 in stock trim, and over 450 hp with twin turbos, and within two years will be offered with direct injection.....yowza!

cov-duratec35.jpg

Very nice Fran
Finally a company with a range of quality cars that suits everyone.
If I could find someone to give my DRB a home I would order a T70 tomorrow.:pepper: :pepper:

Dave S...
you are doing a great job on your car and DRB makes great product too...
Make sure you save a space in your garage for your next build....:)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Got to be curious about the glass on that bad boy, Fran. Must be custom manufacture, eh???

Doug

Nah....K-Mart.....:eek: .......

All of the glass for the replicas we build is custom manufactured so this is just another piece thats we tooled and had manufactured.

Howard Jones

Supporter
What sort of package would you recommend for a track only car? I asking round figures here ($$$), not a firm commitment. I would prefer to do my own wiring as I don't really need anything except a brake light and enough electrical system to run the engine and gauges. No need for any covering on the interior and would source own seat.

Need all suspension parts including shocks, uprights, and hubs, steering system, and brake package including peddle set, masters, calipers and rotors. Thinking wilwood parts, 4 pot (forged superlight) and 12" X 1.25 HD rotors all the way around. Wing and it's mounts of course. Have you tried it about a foot higher?

I would bend brake piping myself and do coolant pipes later as the power train get finalized.

Complete body package, bare jellcoat, with windshield, Lexan rear window, Lexan side windows. I would like door hardware, but little else. Will want to cover headlight pockets with clear Lexan but leave out lights, maybe decals.

Power train is up in the air for now, but include 500HP radiator. Leaning towards V8-porsche. Really want 500HP turbo-injected-rotary-porsche. The V8 would be much more within the budget though.

Still dreaming at this point, that's how the GT40 started, but from what I see here, this is just what I would do if I had you do it for me from scratch.

Really outstanding!! Maybe just maybe.....

Last edited:
Fran,
Very tasty! Like the front end especially, not sure about the rear, please tell me it doesn't really need the wing...

What about the rear view mirrors, fuel filler(s), door handles, these details can make or break a design....

And RHD is available!!! How much to ship to the UK?

Cheers
Dave P

The rear gets an undertray that we are finalising the CFD data on....no wing = less downforce/balance at speed...your choice.

Mirrors are personal choice
Door handles are hidden
Fuel filler is currently hidden but will be made exposed on production car....clean lines for the prototype were desired.

RHD is available

Shiiping costs vary depending upon whether or not you are sharing a container with another delivery.

Very nice Design Fran.

That´s an real alternative to the "Ultima GTR". But can the wing also be placed on top of the rear (not behind the whole car)?

I think it would be very difficult to get the car street legal in Europe with that wing placed "behind" the car.

Once you purchase a kit you can change whatever you would want to.....I am building it the way we designed it and there is plenty of room for personalisation....just like the Ultima.

I was comparing the new pics to the earlier design pics of the P-car on your site and the changes to the shape of the pods and side windows really clean it up well.

It's amazing what a difference a few subtle and not so subtle changes can make in the overall appearance and appeal of the car. I think you definitely hit the nail on the head with this one.

I'll see you in a couple weeks.

Scott

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Fran,
You said you were going to offer fenders and a nose piece to the RCR Roadster right? Any pics of those installed also? How bout an engine cover? I'm already sourcing engines for one of those little demons!!!

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Fran -
Amazing work. You're definitely in a league of your own. The P car appears to have many of the characteristics of those found in high dollar racing series for a mere fraction of the price.

Thanks,
Steve

Back