New-England area get-together

I had posted a while back (in this thread) about organizing a get together for GT40 owners and builders (in progress and prospective) in New England. As usual, my schedule was pretty hectic around the holidays, so I didn't press the issue. We previously had interest from forum members DENIS, FACT5RACER, and Bill Hough. I know there are others who would likely attend, and I'll send a few emails and PMs out once we agree on the date and venue. To that end, Bill Hough had graciously offered to host the gathering at his shop in Norwell, Massachusetts, although I haven't yet checked with Bill about dates. I would also be amenable to hosting if Bill's place doesn't work out.

I propose the 7th of February (three Saturdays from today) for a get together. Does this date work for people?

Hi Mark - Please count me in as interested in the New England get together. I tried to send you a private message when you posted previously but apparently you never received it. Best regards, Orin Meyer

Hi - Mark in Harwinton Ct. - No car but much interest - Just set the day and I'll be there - Thanks

Malcolm

Supporter
I intend to be in Nashua in July this year so something around then could net you an overseas attendee! But without car.

Malcolm

I think it is a a great idea and will be there Feb. 7th or whatever date is selected if I can

Mark, I guess I'll have to clean my shop and blow all that fiberglass dust out the doors. I'll know better after Jan. 26 about a date for a get together at my shop.... I have to do juror service on Jan. 26, and I don't know how long that might take. We will work something out I'm sure!

[ QUOTE ]
On april 10th I'm having a get together at my new shop in Danbury,Conn. to unveil my P4 which you're more than welcome to come to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Danbury!!! OK, that's it!!! Next time I visit my folks, I
will have to drop you a line. They live in Mahopac, about
30 minutes away.

Ian

April 10 sounds good to me. Post some directions to your shop and I'll show up for the unvailing.

hey guys, i lurk around here alot but don't post much,Mark would like to come to your get together i live in CT was wanting to email you anyway i am about a year out for thinking about a car but wanted to see an RF in person first,also J6 missed you at the GLENN but also wold like to come to your get together i live about 20 minutes away from Danbury.keep me posted !! THANKS MUCH bullets is my nick name /WADE A. ANGLE is my real one.

Update re: New-England area get-together

Update - Bill Hough's place is unavailable on the 7th but he can attend. I checked in with She Who Must Be Obeyed and it would be fine to meet at my place (gives me a good excuse to clean out the garage). I'm thinking noon to 4:00 ish (I have a dinner date that evening). We can get some pizzas, drink a few beers, and talk shop. Be careful, as you may find yourself with a sanding block in your hand! If you would like to attend then send me an email or a PM and I'll send you directions to my house.

Re: Update re: New-England area get-together

Mark, how far along are you on your body work? Sunday was absolutely beautiful here and I got the front and rear clips sanded and ready for primer. I'm shooting for the spider and doors this coming weekend. Then primer. I need to pick a damn color now!!!!

Attachments

• 29915-DSC06119.JPG
    29915-DSC06119.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 277

Attachments

• 29916-DSC06120.JPG
    29916-DSC06120.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 237

Looks good, Pat. Is the splotchy appearance of your car from shooting guide coats?

The body work I've done (after Hershal left) includes getting my Gulf flares fitted (thanks, Bill!), removing and patching/filling the snorkels, fitting the lights and lexan, rounding a bunch or edges, and cutting the gloss on the gelcoat. I still need to do some tweaking of the spider, body locating cones and door seams and a lot of sanding and puttying before I'm ready to shoot primer. The weather here in New England has been horrible, but I intend to shoot primer in April.

Guide coat it is. I'm already planning on having to re-sand after I prime as this is my first time painting. But that's okay, it is enjoyable. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can prime this weekend.

Super Bowl? What Super Bowl?

Hi Mark, Are we all still talking about the Feb 7 date? If so I'm sorry to miss it.

Hey Mark, I'm curious, how have you decided to screw in your light covers and side windows? Are you using the self-tapping machine screws or are you using heli-coils or some other device?

Hi everyone. We're still on for Saturday the 7th from noonish to fourish. I've sent directions to a few folks - please let me know if I've missed you. Looking forward to a fun, informal gathering.

Pat, I'm using 8-32 by 1/2" flat-head stainless socket cap screws and Helicoils to attach my Lexan pieces to the body. I've countersunk the Lexan, and wish I could find the hex socket screws in an undercut head style. I'm also using pan-head stainless 8-32 screws to attach the front interior headlight covers and rear interior taillight covers to the front and rear clips.

Back