New GT-40 owner

Well I've gone and done it. David Costanzo has agreed to sell me his unfinished DRB. Now I have my first of, I am sure, many obstacles. I have to ship it to the US. I searched the old threads on shipping and shippers. Is there any new info aboout how that is best accomplished? I have one contact through a nationaal chain here in Atlanta, but I am not sure how good that is. At any rate I will be exploring the contacts that were listed in the old threads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I will try to post some pics as soon as I can (never done that).
Bill

G

Congrats !!

I have DRB on the top of my list.

It will be interesting to get your opinion on the kit and follow your build up.

Cheers,
Bill Cook

grin.gif

grin.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Congratulations Bill !

I too started off with a part-finished DRB (a very small part !) & am having lots of fun. I got mine about a year ago & it just had the engine, trans & suspension roughed in. I reckon that I now am about 1/2 way through - final glass work on the body, rough in the wiring, finish the exhaust, swap the FI, pull it all apart, paint & then put it all together again - not much really !!

I have found Peter Ransom (GT40 Australia - DRB manufacturer) to be most helpful, even though I didn't buy the car directly from him. Robert Logan of RF has also been really great. That's what I really like about the whole '40 scene - everyone is an enthusiast & is willing to help out - commercial nit-picking / competition seems to take a back seat to furthering "The Cause" !

Re the shipping - you might like to contact Bill Bayard Bill < [email protected] >
(regular poster in this Forum) - he bought a minus-minus DRB from GT40 Australia & did a lot of work researching the freight scene. There should be a lot of archived posts from Bill back around the end of last year.

Good luck with your new lifestyle (you may not know it yet, but that's what you just bought into !). Let me know if I can be of any help - heaps of things on my car are a distillation of other guys' bright ideas (some of them are even my own, but time will tell if they were bright or not !).

Kind Regards,

Peter D.
smile.gif

G

Hey, Bill congrats! Hope you have better luck with Peter than I did. Seems like those who get hooked up with him, fair well. Those who don't, can't get a buy a reply, even if you've done business with them before.

Quick question, does your model have a roll bar?

PS: Didn't we speak a while back while I was in the Atlanta airport??

I just had a car delivered yesterday and used a company called SEA EXPO,Bill murphy is the owner and he is also the guy who takes care of everything.The only situation you will run into is that at present customs is searching everything,my car was held up for two and a half weeks by them.His number is 973-728-6100,tell him Fran recommended you ,I already told him that you may contact him when I thanked him this morning for handling my car
Good luck

Bill

I'm sure Peter Ransom will be glad to help
arrange shipping since you'll probably end up buying some stuff from him for the car.

Good news is that the shipping costs from down under are now less than when
Bill had his car shipped.

Good luck

MikeDD

Bill,

Congrats! You got a great deal, and a great

car!

E-mail me, if you would like the shipping

info that I acumulated when I bought my car.

As far as customs is concerned, they didn't

even blink at my car, when it arrived in

March. It breezed through without being

scrutinized.

Best of luck!

Bill
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

I'm going to try and show the pictures that I have so far, so I hope they come through. There should be 6 images.If not maybe someone can tell me how to do multiple images.
album

Back