New Jaguar E-Type to be built

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
You left a few off your list;

PT Cruiser...

...I have no problem with the retro cars at all...

I thought about those, but (as far as I know) they are not recycles of a specific car like this new XK-E, but rather a more general allusion to a styling era. In a lot of ways that makes them more original and interesting than the "semi-clones" I listed.

And I don't dislike in absolute terms the recycled designs like Mustang, Camaro, XK-E. It's just that each one represents a missed opportunity for the industry to do something new and original that could have been as exciting as the XK-E was in 1963; they're just place holders that never quite measure up to the original.

Alan - don't forget the Fiat 500 or has it not reached US shores? If not it is a good reason for me to emigrate. I'm fed up with rehashed lookalike production cars, oh yes and another, the S type jag recreating the old mk2. as for this new "E type" the four headlights look too Alfa like for me, I'm with most on the wheels, thsy just don't look right somehow, give me a well rebuilt original anyday or even a replica of an original.

Photo of Alfa in similar pose

alfa-romeo_GTV_3.jpg

bo zolland is the guy behind this e-type, his biz is viusal design. Not quite shure that this is an official Jag order. Otherwise wouldn´t they officially communicate it, which i have not seen yet.

he has quite a lot of interesting designs on his webpage. Check out the Stude race car or the electric hot rod or his camaro design.
1953-Studebaker-Racecar-by-Bo-Zolland-Rear-Angle-Tilt-1024x768.jpg

2009-Delithium-Concept-by-Bo-Zolland-Rear-And-Side-Tilt-1024x768.jpg

bo-zolland_2008-Chevrolet-Camaro-Concept-SS-2-2-1967-008_2.jpg

Also some nicer pics of the e-type.
with chrome bumpers and whire spoke wheels, very cool.

Growler_E_2011_Concept_(Bo_Zolland)_03.jpg

Growler_E_2011_Concept_(Bo_Zolland)_01.jpg

Growler_E_2011_Concept_(Bo_Zolland)_04.jpg

Viztech

TOM

Last edited:
Nice, but nothing to do with Jaguar as explained above. I work for Jaguar in PD, and we have left retro well and truly in the past! There is some awesome stuff in the design studio....wait and see.

Here's our latest sports car offering, and latest concept showing a glimpse into the future:

jaguar-xkr-s-at-the-2011-geneva-motor-show.1377912.jpg

2011%2BJaguar%2BC-X75%2B5.jpg

You know, I paid about $4,800 for my '67 E-Jag, which was a lot in 1967, but not out of the reach of an Air Force 2nd Lt. All carbon-fiber frames and 500 HP twin turbo engines are great to watch on Top Gear, but the $250,000+ that these cars cost is not a realistic price for the 98% of us who work for a living and drive our cars on the public roads. How 'bout a Jag that is cost-competitive with a Vette, but better looking and faster on a twisty road- sort of like my '67 was?

Back