New SL-C from Atlanta saying hi!!

HELP!!

Hey guys, I've researched left and right and after 3 sets of springs for the front and back, I'm somewhat struggling with finding the best fit for the ramliftpro cups.. i feel like in a perfect world i would find 2.5"ID 5" length springs and they may do the trick. However the 4" springs are working but not a lot of room to compress when you do the 2.5 inch lift. I guess what I'm asking is what size springs do you all run with the lift ups? I've even played w spring helpers LOL!!! Here are some pictures of the front and rear set up.. I do have 6" springs ill try on the front and see what they do.

Also, can anyone send pics or point me in the right direction for clamping down and securing the front and rear clams? I keep coming back to the "i think I'm missing parts and never got a manual" part. I know you can use locking pins to lock the clams into the spyder, however... what do you secure the front of the front clam to? Does it sit on top of the splitter?? Is everyone making some type of hinge bracket or using locking pins twice? What about the rear clam? Locking pins in to the spyder but what about the rear? I have a street tail cut of to expose the transaxle and some suspension but not as open as the track tail.

Lots of annoying questions but any input will be greatly appreciate it.. I'm in one of those points where i just stare at the car trying to figure it out lol!!! Thanks y'all!

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 232
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 224
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 226

Kyle

Supporter
Take all my advice with a grain of salt. I believe the ram lifts for the back are a waste. You should have about 4-4.5im of clearance at the lowest points. That should be more than plenty for anything. My ram lifts aren’t the quickest for the front, can’t imagine how much they might struggle on the rear with all the weight.

General consensus is to flip the shocks on the front, lift on top and springs on bottom.

My clams are secured with the quick realease latches (aero catch). I too cut out my rear of the street tail once upon a time. I quickly realized it would be a hell of a lot of work and effort to make the rear clam hinge properly without completely redesigning the hinge points and structure. So I had to fiberglass it all back together.

the front most portion of the clam can be secured with just some simple pins into the splitter or better and more secure in the radiator support stancions. Yes it does sit on top of the splitter.

I plan to design a front hinge eventually. Someone here has done this fairly simply but I can’t remember who.

Take all my advice with a grain of salt. I believe the ram lifts for the back are a waste. You should have about 4-4.5im of clearance at the lowest points. That should be more than plenty for anything. My ram lifts aren’t the quickest for the front, can’t imagine how much they might struggle on the rear with all the weight.

General consensus is to flip the shocks on the front, lift on top and springs on bottom.

My clams are secured with the quick realease latches (aero catch). I too cut out my rear of the street tail once upon a time. I quickly realized it would be a hell of a lot of work and effort to make the rear clam hinge properly without completely redesigning the hinge points and structure. So I had to fiberglass it all back together.

the front most portion of the clam can be secured with just some simple pins into the splitter or better and more secure in the radiator support stancions. Yes it does sit on top of the splitter.

I plan to design a front hinge eventually. Someone here has done this fairly simply but I can’t remember who.

Thank you so much Kyle!
Yeah I'm starting to doubt my rear ram lift but we'll see. Do you have 4 aero catch latches on the front clam? Mind attaching a pic?
I will be flipping the shocks for convenience, will still struggle with spring size though. Thanks again!!

Kyle

Supporter
Thank you so much Kyle!
Yeah I'm starting to doubt my rear ram lift but we'll see. Do you have 4 aero catch latches on the front clam? Mind attaching a pic?
I will be flipping the shocks for convenience, will still struggle with spring size though. Thanks again!!
I have two on the front clam and two on the rear. If you look at cams blog you can see how he attached the front clam. I can’t for the life of me find the thread of who made their own front hinges. Possibly Mark? I think there was definitely one other too. My front springs are 4in. Can’t remember the rate as the car is with allen.

Joel K

Supporter
If you can get access to the manuals there are some detailed instructions on the locking pins. With regard to front hinges, Johan, Mark, Dan, Bob LSA, Scott’s Build, and Scott Swartz have details on how they approached it.

If you can get access to the manuals there are some detailed instructions on the locking pins. With regard to front hinges, Johan, Mark, Dan, Bob LSA, Scott’s Build, and Scott Swartz have details on how they approached it.
Thank you so much man, very helpful! You must be keeping notes on who has done what, I wish I started doing that since day 1 honestly. Everyone has phenomenal ideas and some crazy creativity!! Alan's videos are very helpful as always!!

I have two on the front clam and two on the rear. If you look at cams blog you can see how he attached the front clam. I can’t for the life of me find the thread of who made their own front hinges. Possibly Mark? I think there was definitely one other too. My front springs are 4in. Can’t remember the rate as the car is with allen.
Going to be checking out Cam's as well!
Leaving to FL in the AM for a few days and will come back and hammer all the body fitting! To me this is the most challenging part of the project :)

Hey guys! Reviving this thread as its been a while. hands have not been off the slc at all. However i decided to re-design the entire body of the car. So i'm only using the monocoque. This has certainly taken a great deal of time with the designers and engineers. I'll post some pics soon, as we took out the LS3 and are going to be putting in a 5.2 v10 lambo/r8 motor instead!

Most likely I'll be selling the spyder/doors/rear clam and some of the ls3 swap parts! I'll post some up soon!

hey guys so we will be replacing the LS3 with the maserati/ferrari engine. I saw RCR has the adapter plate for it to the grazziano (which i have the grazziano).. however i need some light on what clutch i would be using? Does this make any sense?

Joel K

Supporter
hey guys so we will be replacing the LS3 with the maserati/ferrari engine. I saw RCR has the adapter plate for it to the grazziano (which i have the grazziano).. however i need some light on what clutch i would be using? Does this make any sense?

Hi Raul, you will need a new flywheel and adapter plate for the Ferrari engine. If you already have a clutch for the Graziano that clutch should mount on the new flywheel.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! This is somewhat of a long story, but I'll type it up as short as possible. I got the LS3, wanted more of an exotic sound so i sell it to my friend (went in a 92 z28, supah dope project). We start designing the new entire body which will be done in carbon. Well, by the time we 3d print, mold, stress test, air tunnel test, it will be over a year from this point. SO.. I'll be buying another monocoque and doing the new project on that one. in the mean time, i will try to get my current superlite on the road asap. SO i received the ferrari engine today and also ordered the flywheel, tone ring, and adapter plate from RCR today (6-8 weeks ETA). As for the current body, i cannot stand the headlights lol.. so we are redesigning the front end to be able to have different lights and then by the time the RCR parts come in we should be able to have this puppy ready for inspection.

I'll post pics once we finish the new front end design for my current slc!

Which headlights? Don't rule out sportbike projectors, lightweight and tons of light. I have R1 headlights in my GTM. Finalizing my hood/fascia bodywork currently.

Which headlights? Don't rule out sportbike projectors, lightweight and tons of light. I have R1 headlights in my GTM. Finalizing my hood/fascia bodywork currently.
Oh man that's awesome and funny you say that, as we have talked about it, not sure what it would look like... do you have a visual for the SLC? do you need the cover or can they just stay exposed? Great idea!

Which Ferrari are you using? Mine was originally going to use a 360/manual 6 speed, but I had bit off all that could be chewed with the chassis, sub-systems and body mods that were done. Still have the Ferrari box. Very interested in which engine management system you are going to use and your execution of fuel/electronics/mapping...

Good stuff.

Back