P4 ENGINE

Inch by inch...
p6100007b.jpg

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: MK -IV J6 ]

Brian Magee

Supporter
Jim

What is the chance of seing your P4 at the Le Mans Classic in 2004, or for that matter any other of your stable of cars?

Brian.

Hi
I'm hopefull that I'll be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next summer with my MK-IV along with a large group of Fords from America. I'm also hopefull that one day J6 will return to LeMans...
Best

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
J6,

The P4 in the "after winning Daytona" picture is a roadster, are you restoring it as a coupe? I know there were both types and never understood why Ferrari ran one type or another (or both) at some venues?

Rick

This P4 was raced as a spyder and a coupe at different races over it's long history. The reasons they raced both often in the same race was as a team they tried to cover all bases. The spyders are cooler and subject the driver to less heat stress. In the rain they are probably harder to drive, and they have a slightly lower top speed on the mulsaene. When 0846 was converted into the first P4 it was a coupe. It's the P4 in the field. (I'll post the photo tomorrow) I've always thought the coupe was slightly more beautiful so I'm restoring it as a coupe.
Best

FYI I just received from Lee Holman copies of the documents he received from the the LeMans 1967 race. These records confirm my belief that J6 is the Fourth Place Donohue/McLaren car. All the numbers including the engine# which is on this document match.

Back