Photos of RF Fiberglass

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
The door gaps have not be 100% set yet and the body is yet to be primed.

Hew the Vet, this is your body so we will prime it in drark blue for you.

Best wishes,

Robert

would rather it was in dark blue Robert !Looks good though .like you say very little filler evident so a lot of effort as been put into the moulds and lay up!Still on schedule for nov 05 shipping?

Hey Robert,

The bodys look great. Will you be priming the Deluxe kits as well or only the quick builds? I have not chosen color combinations yet. Are you still planning to be at Exeter? I am planning on being there on Saturday and will have a chin wag with you and Rick about it.

Hue, looks like you have a good start I look forward to seeing your car when it arrives.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I have see alot a companies that produce fiberglass bodies.I can see by the photo's that who ever Robert is using, is among the best in the buisiness. WOW! The painters have very little prep work...

Oliver

Hersh

The concept of using a clear gelcoat to spot defects is
interesting...I'm not a glass-man...but makes sense.
Still...like a newborn baby...it's kinda ugly...especially compared to nice shiny color impregnated gel-coat bodies.
But it does look like a high quality body.

Mark B

GT40/Lambo makers are VERY low volume...so
you'll seldom see any kind of "production line".
Actually...if you want a good laugh....check out
Shelby's initial Cobra "production" shop before
he moved to LA Airport site. That place was smaller
and older than most of todays replica makers.
Regards

MikeD

Looks great,I've built a couple of Cobra kits and this blows them away in terms of fit and quality.That's always the part I've dredded,Fitting the body parts and getting to fit correctly.On Cobra kits here in the states it's nearly impossible to get nice looking body panel gaps.This one looks great and it's not done yet.Keep up the great work.I can't wait to see mine in the spring.

Robert Logan

Hew,

Your body will be finished in the next few days and will be at the painters. The second body will then be fitted to the second UK car to complete the container and I expect an air delivery from Australia early next week and this will complete the order. The car carrier is being manufactured and the only piece of the puzzle missing at the moment is the first sets of machined wheels but they are expected again next week. Looks good.

David,

All kits will be primed and we would be happy to tint your primer as you request. Regarding Exeter, I have an air ticket to go but will not be there as I believe that my place is in Cape Town at the moment. Rick will be there and he showed me some of the art work that he is using this year and I was very impressed.

Mike,

If you look at the first photographs of the body work on the floor you will see that it is shiney. The body work on the body jig has already been keyed and preped for the primer and is therefore duller.
The idea of using a clear gellcoat was from South Africa and I was initially sceptical (not you Robert, I hear some say) but I have been very impressed how easy it is to see any imperfections. All bodies are post cured in a spray booth and again this highlighted any imperfections. I must say that I have always been very imporessed with the quality of this companys work and I am glad that we use them.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert,
Sorry to hear you arnt able to be at the Exeter show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, was looking forward to you being able to see the car now its finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
Jerry

John B

Temp Selling Pass
What ever happend to Andre? Does he still work for RF. We have not heard 1 word from him since his first post claiming that he is roberts Eyes And Ears With weekly Photo's and progress reports.

Oliver...Just wondering? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Lee,
What i really meant by finished was that its completed, no bits left in the box, nothing left to do.F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D!
I'm not aware of any other meanings that the word "finished" could mean. Tried to find my Oxford English dictionary to check for other hidden meanings, but alas, its been tidyed away by the missus, never to be found again.
How is the build of your drb? Is it finished?(no bits left in box etc, etc,)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif

Wow!! That is fantastic. I am now making some progress. Too much time doing other things, not spending enough time in the garage. That is a very quick build, and I look forward to seeing your car again soon.
All the very best

Question regarding those BRMs:

Are you able to get a 5-pin adaptor under them or are they set up for 6-pin? I ask, because they lack the round boss most of the replicas have, which I always assumed was to provide enough meat for the pins.

They look fantastic, by the way.

Scott

Robert Logan

Scott,

The BRM's have been made for 5 pin drive as we have always used. This means that they are available as a replacement for ALL our current owners. The centers of the wheels have had extensive work to ensure that they LOOK like the original (no central ring) and that there was enough 'meat' for the pin drives. This involved much work between the casting company in South Africa and myself In Australia and was one of the reasons for the delay.

I expect that the first set in Australia will be on our first 4.6 lt car.

Best wishes,

Robert

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Robert

That is great news for RF and Tim. How many sets can you fit in your luggage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif

See you soon and keep up the good work.

Bill.

Um, let's see. One set for roadies, one set for slicks, one for wets....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
This is just one of the many (so i've heard) "upgrades" Robert has done to my car at no cost to me, as a "thanks" for use of my "test bench" GT40. The 17's will allow us to fit some good semi-slick tyres, like Dunlop DZ02. Cant wait to get this thing on the track! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Robert Logan

Bill,

I will be getting additional sets as requested for Australia. Hope to see you all in a few weeks.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert Logan

Et all,

A few more photographs of the glass work. This time the gaps are set.

Best wishes,

Robert

Attachments

• 69334-DSC03327.JPG
    69334-DSC03327.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 298
Back