Pulled by the police today.....

I wonder how many this has happened to....

Making the best of a late English summer doing 90mph down a dual carriageway in my GTD I saw their car well in advance but they followed me and stopped me. I got out and meekly asked if I had done something wrong. They replied 'oh nothing wrong - will you show us your car?'
So thats what I did even though it made me late - best of all they asked me to floor it as I set off.
The local traffic police - what a fine bunch of upstanding gentlemen!!

Cool!! The police here would never ask us to floor it. More likely, they would throw us to the ground, taser us, cuff us, and then ask who's car is it.

Thanks for sharing
Bill D

Great story! They probably told you to floor it as they knew there was a traffic camera right around the corner!

Mike Pass

Supporter
I've heard that they tend to pull people who have tartan underpants flapping from the back of their car. I wonder if there is any connection? Or maybe they just spotted it was Andrew Fordyce's old car?
Cheers
Mike

I've heard that they tend to pull people who have tartan underpants flapping from the back of their car. I wonder if there is any connection? Or maybe they just spotted it was Andrew Fordyce's old car?
Cheers
Mike

Will you stop harrassing me on this forum site - where is the moderator when you need him.
See you in the Isle of Man Mike?

Mike Pass

Supporter
Harass? Moi? Must be the crisp sound of a freshly tuned motor that attract the boys in blue! I hope to be in the Isle of Man in the "Ex Martin Gough Car". I'll show you then what slow really means!
Cheers
Mike

Had a similar, but slightly different story of a neat lawman. It started with a request by a local Arizona Highway Patrol Trooper, friend, true gearhead and Mustang enthusiast. He wanted to drive my built '66 Mustang. Of course I said, "Okay." Better not get too specific such as exact location as it might get him in trouble. He was the commanding sergeant at the local Highway Patrol post.

When the day came, we left town and headed up the interstate at "normal" speed with the sergeant at the wheel. I noticed he was checking the favorite hiding places of his troopers. After declaring all clear, he did a 180 back toward town at high speed and proceeded to see what she'd do. After hitting about 150 mph, which was limited by the high drag of the old Mustang, albeit lowered and fitted with a chin spoiler, and engine speed (about 7,500 rpm), he lifted and said, "Wow!" Since then, I've wondered how he and the trooper would have responded to each other had we been pulled over. Also, it was neat to be sitting in the right seat when "The Man" was in the left seat at over twice the speed limit. I have also wondered what he would do if he had caught me doing the same thing!

Hi Mike P

do you know who Andrew Fordyce purchased the car from?

Clew: he wore white driving gloves to match his white trousers and shoes.

regards

Chris

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Chris,
You got me with that one but then as you know I never have had a clue!

PS Great news about the ZFQ gearbox. Hope the production run is moving on apace.

Cheers
Mike

Back