RCR #010 Build Progress

Bill. I'll make the little NACA ducts today and get them to UPS tomorrow. I've been just a little busy. I've got four GT40 MKI bodies one Noble body and two Lola bodies to make. The days are not long enough!

Bigfoot, Fran has made a lot of changes to the front structure since car #10. That area might not be open on the current version.

Bill, Some one asked you earlier which package you bought but to be sure, did you get the deluxe or the deluxe plus? The reason I ask is I just don't know if I could do a lot of stuff you have done (which is awesome!!!) due to the time it takes to create that level of accuracy. I have read every page of your build and it is amazing! When I call Fran to ask him about something you've done, he usually tells me it is already included in the kit I bought (deluxe plus).

Know one manufactures a kit that has it all included. I'm just trying to prepare myself for what else I will need to buy to finish my RCR. If you bought the deluxe plus, do you think it was a pretty complete kit? It seems like it is but you are MUCH more familiar with it than I am. Thanks for your input, keep up the good work!

Dean

Hi Dean
I bought the Deluxe kit and added a few options (Gulf flares/wheels and seats). Many of the items I sourced (AC, coolant tubes, and filler funnels) are now included.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Dean-

Off the top of my head, you'll need the drivetrain from the inboard flanges to the front of the motor (Fran supplies your choice of axles). You'll need a fuel delivery system. Switches and electrical finishing touches are your responsibility as well. You'll also need to supply electrical connectors and brake pads and rad hoses and bunches of little stuff, but that's to be expected.

One of the most useful things I did was something Jonathan did- get a big box of hardware.

Other than that, it's fairly complete. There are a number of things I'm waiting for to be delivered but those are the main things for now.

All your major things should be there, with the exception of the driveline dependent items.

Sorry for the thread hijack Bill.

Cheers!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Dean,
With respect to the control arm being visible, that area should not be closed. Don't forget that you have significant air flow entering from the nose. It has to have escape routes, especially if your car has the early nose insert.

You will probably want some sort of baffled or louvered panel that will let air out from under the hood but stop the water, dust etc. from entering.

Thanks guys, Thats about what I thought. All of you are doing a great job. Sorry for the Hi Jack Bill, keep up the good work. I ordered the deluxe plus, plus some more! It should be a very complete build. Thanks again guys. Fran, you are the manrockonsmile

Dean.

diecast18, It's a whole re-design for many reasons. You can email me at datonabill at msn dot com if you have any questions.

Well, we are loaded up and ready to take the car to the painter next week. If all goes well, I should have the car back in May. I have chosen 2007 Nissan Majestic Blue and Lamborghini Arancio Ishtar Orange.

All ready to go with the body panels taped in place...
paint%20001.jpg

Mike attaching the winch. Anthony is in the car steering it into the trailer...
paint%20002.jpg

As Anthony steers the car (and making VROOM VROOM noises), his HS buddy watches...
paint%20003.jpg

paint%20004.jpg

paint%20006.jpg

This is an exciting time!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What an exciting time Bill!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your awesome machine in paint!

Well, we dropped the car off Saturday as planned. We have settled on the color - 2006 Toyota/Lexus Indigo Ink (blue) and Lambotghini Arancio Ishtar (orange). It will have the white meatballs painted on and the number "6". The car should be complete by the end of June.

paint%20014.jpg

paint%20015.jpg

The painter promised to take pictures of the progress and I'll post them here.

Cheers
Bill D

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill -

You are going to be pumped when you see the car painted. Are you going to do one of the Gulf stripes (moustache, triangle, etc)?

Sandy

Bill,

Congrates on being in the home stretch, that's awesome news. You gotta be getting pretty excited.

Quick question: where did you get the mirrors from? They look really nice on the car!:D

Back