Rcr-p How Sooooooooooon??????

hello fran its teddy for miami,fl wow thats really nice!!!!!
i have been waiting for more pics... i can not wait to see the real car.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Fran -
I have bad news / good news. The bad news is I have a different job (same company) with less flexible free time. The good news is I have a different job and one of the offices I am responsible for is located in Detroit! I most likely will not be able to make it to your shop in April but I will be there sometime this year. The other good news is that I have decided RCR is THE company I will purchase my next car from - yes, even over Lotus (Exige). My quandry is should it be a RCR-P or RCR-40??? I figure I can't go wrong either way!!! I very much look forward to meeting you and seeing your shop in the very near future - I appreciate your patience!
Dave Lindemann
1977 S1 Lotus Esprit
1973 Lotus Europa TCS (Toytota 4AGE 20V / Renault NG-3 Conversion)

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Damn Dave does this new job mean you won't have time for sending me presents? Start saving these cars keep you poor you know.
Regards Ross:)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Fran,
Because its not a replica of any other known car, will you call it something other than RCR P ? Looking so so , dare I say it, sexy.....

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Damn Dave does this new job mean you won't have time for sending me presents? Start saving these cars keep you poor you know.
Regards Ross:)

Ross - I always have time for friends! Have you had a chance to fit the brackets and calipers? I'm trial fitting my prototype rear caliper brackets today to check all of the clearances prior to having them welded.

Fran - I know you have family in town and no doubt you are busier than ever but do you have any updates on the RCR-P (I know you'd prefer not to post photos until Carlisle)?

Dave L

OK....
Here goes.....

The RCR-P may well be called the Superlight Coupe....
I have also been working hard on a completely new car...the Superlight Roadster.....
The goal is to have both at Carlisle.....
The Coupe will definately be there with a twin intercooled twin turbo charged 32 valve V8....
The roadster is as the name suggests a "superlight" with a VW turbo donor drivetrain......
The chassis has an exochassis design and will be VERY agressively priced....more a track tool than a street car but a very cool litle lightweight car all the same.....think "Atom" for 15k...minus drivetrain....:pepper:

The reason for the new naming convention is that neither are replica race cars and as such appeal to a different customer base.....thoughts on a post card and the best one gets a "Blue Peter badge".......:D

Last edited:
OK....
Here goes.....

The roadster is as the name suggests a "superlight" with a VW turbo donor drivetrain......
The chassis has an exochassis design and will be VERY agressively priced....more a track tool than a street car but a very cool litle lightweight car all the same.....think "Atom" for 15k...minus drivetrain....:pepper:

The reason for the new naming convention is that neither are replica race cars and as such appeal to a different customer base.....thoughts on a post card and the best one gets a "Blue Peter badge".......:D

Fran,

Here is a very rough 10min. sketch, based on your comments on this post.

Can your new exoskeletal chassis take any body shape? would this fit?..:)

Italo

img852.jpg

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Italo,

I just love your sketches, that is a talent that I can only admire. Magnificent! As more of a technical/analytical guy though, with not an artistic bone in my body, shouldn't the tread pattern be going the other way? Sorry, first thing I saw!

Keep up the good work.:D

Cheers

Thanks Russ, just some fun while working....:)

You got me thinking on the tyres thread, and had to check a few reference images...

Here you have Bridgestones, Michelins, Pirelli and Yokohama.

Attachments

• bs_s02_pp.jpg
    bs_s02_pp.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 598
  • yoko_avs_sport.jpg
    yoko_avs_sport.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 578
  • yo_a032r.jpg
    yo_a032r.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 580
  • mi_pilot_sport.jpg
    mi_pilot_sport.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 577
  • zerod.jpg
    zerod.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 582
Fran you said that no more pictures until after the show. The show is over and I am about ready to go out of my mind waiting for more info. I do not know how much longer I can keep the TVR running. I hope you had a good show. Mel

Back