RCR's Next car should be.....

Given the copious quantities of 'rice' around these days a rice burner for a shop hack @ RCR might be a cost effective project.

Jac Mac

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Okay - this one oughta make Fran's heart go pitter-patter...

How about the Corvette GTP

corvette_GTP-paddock.JPG

corvette-gtp-03.jpg

corvette-gtp-01.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So what if someone else already makes it....

It's not like RCR was the original GT40 kit!!! You just came and jumped into the middle and started kicking ass! :)

Be careful now or I'll start posting more pics of the Mercedes Benz Lotec C1000! :D

my eyes ...my eyes...no Lotec...

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I am too excited about the SL Coupe and Roadster ....and really looking forward to doing a couple of LS7..Ford GT transaxle cars...

Might even have one in the demo car at the shop...

Dalton,

I am a plate is always half full...not half empty...kind of guy..

There are no problems, only solutions......corny but true around here.

Last edited:
So Fran, whats the going rate on those Transaxles then considering the current exchange rates...... :p

I have loads of ideas for my own designs but I'm not an artist so getting them down on paper is damn hard for me to do the way I am seeing in my head.... anyone know where they get the nice lumps of clay that they sculpt designs with?

The Ford GT/Ricardo trans will hold 1000hp....Glenn Miller , heads of the Ford GT transaxle programme and SAE paper writer on the subject told me that the ring and pinion was tested to 1200hp.

If you have a G50 in 1st gear with the tail/shift shaft all the way rearwards , the GT box is actually shorter...BUT...it is massive from tip to stern ..it weighs in at close to 200lbs ...so 40lbs heavier but the perfromance is not in question.
6 SPEED....double and triple syncros...cable shift...and its the only big HP midengine transaxle that has gone through OEM testing in recent years in volume...

I have to have a minumum order of 4 to get a price break but currently have seven on order for Superlite Coupe customers ...so in reality they are not as expensive as you may first think

Guys, both thanks for your help.

I'm all for the GT box, like you say its the only modern box that can take the power and is a brand new item for essentially not very much or at least not much more expensive than super strong rebuilt G50 boxes.

I'd can easily believe that parts have been tested to 1200bhp.... you have seen the entirely stock Ford 'GTTT' right? that was pushing 1000bhp and that was a stock transmission and entirely stock engine (fueling and everyinthg) bar changing from a supercharger to twin turbos.... THATS what has sold the Ford GT transaxle to me as finally an alternative to the G50 which is now in so much demand it is difficult to find for something that (not to knock the point to much) is essentially only ever going to be second hand.

Back