RCR's Next car should be.....

It is a personal car ....
my thinking is to try and show some of the owners of original cars that we "kitcar" builders really do have a deep appreciation for the original cars they own...and we are not trying to cash in on the "continutation" trend....just paying homage is priviledge enough...

You mean like this one...:D....

Great car. I got to drive it downhill once !
attachment.php

10949img_5848_std.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a thing of beauty, indeed. An awesome personal car to have. So, let me guess - LS7 with stacks? Or an LS2 because we 40ish have to be a bit more responsible these days?

That bodyshell is sort of special.....
It was in the Banzai club in LA.
It won best car and paint at the Palm Springs Concourse in 1981.
It did laps with John Paul Jr. driving at the 1981 and 1982 Walter Mitty (Road Atlanta).
Many many women that rode in that car back in the 70s and early 80s had one more sex partner when they got out than when they got in, so I hear.

Oooh, don't like the sound of that last bit Johan. I think Fran should send it over to me as soon as he's finished it, as it could make his life too complicated. For a small fee I'll look after it. Better make that a large fee, as it will take a massive bribe to get that registered with our regulations here in Oz.

Dalton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thinking about the 917...

So - what if you were to take two Porsch 6 cylinder engines - or two Subaru 4 cylinders and mount them end to end (Freight Train fashion)...

I worked on a car very similar to the one below back in the late 60's early 70's.. It was quite successful until NHRA banned the twin engine cars..

478137256_fb5f3282ee_753x225.jpeg

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Fran,
on this post you write that 962 could be the next one.....
Are you serious ?
when it would be availiable ?

i'm planning to build one, i'm in touch with D.Smith for the bodywork and some parts.
i'm doing 3D CAD design of the frame (spaceframe tube) to prepare the build...
(it's an extrapolation of plans and pictures on books)

If you have more advanced solution.....

Fran,

I noted the earlier post with interest as well. Any answer?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
In all seriousness Fran, ever thought of something like this...

Race Workshop

It's a Ferrari F40 recreation using a Toyota 4.0L V8 with a pair of Garrett Hybrid turbochargers making about 600hp. All dimensions are perfect with the original and body parts are actually interchangeable (much like some GT40 kits). Dunno if this is something you'd look at doing for fear of the Red Lawyers coming after you, but food for thought none the less.

Laters,

Brian

That car is awesome...I know a couple of people that have seen it in the flesh...in reality the cost of the build exceeded the price of a genuine used F40....ouch!!!.
Great quality and craftmanship though...

Back