RCR's Next car should be.....

I know this is rather bold for my first post, but how about a McLeran F1 clone? I know there might be copyright issues and its not really a vintage car, but man it is a beautiful car. Even just a F1 skin for the SLC would be awesome. And I am not dogging on the SLC either, it is a beautiful car and there will be on in my future, just as soon as I can finish medical school.

DDR Motorsport

I've got a tub that needs a body...

Just kidding, but this is my current pic!

Attachments

• jaguar_c_x75_concept_2.jpg
    jaguar_c_x75_concept_2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 370
  • jaguar_c_x75_concept_3.jpg
    jaguar_c_x75_concept_3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 349
  • jaguar_c_x75_concept_5.jpg
    jaguar_c_x75_concept_5.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 348
  • jaguar_c_x75_concept_7.jpg
    jaguar_c_x75_concept_7.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 328
  • jaguar_c_x75_concept_4.jpg
    jaguar_c_x75_concept_4.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 311

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Although I realize it's a metter of personal tastes (or possibly the lack thereof on my part) Something about that TVR reminds me of a mid 60's Ferarri 250 that got smacked in the ass by a bus... :eek:

lol :laugh:
I like that sort cars, not really pretty for most, but with loads of character :drunk:

and a big V8 in front...

it would be nice to come up with something that can use the corvette 98+ engine/transaxle configuration. Donor cars are plentiful.

How about a car that would fill the ever-growing demand for a extended range EV or Hybrid?

Aptera 2e:

aptera-2e1.jpg

aptera_2e-proto.jpg

aptera4.png

aptera5.png

XR3:

xr3_012908_6.jpg

DSC02417B-web.jpg

Tesla Model S:

EV%2BGal%2Btesla-model-s-electric-car.jpg

2012_tesla_model_s_-_image_003_gallery_image_large.jpg

tesla-model-s-interior-screen.jpeg

Fisker Karma:

fisker-karma.jpg

f1.jpg

fisker-karma-hr-02.jpg

This goes back about 20 years, but for some of the Chicago guys they may know. There was a guy that use to come to Fluky's in Niles, IL that had a complete custom car he did with a Fiero cabin. He mounted a 350 with a th350/400 longitudinally mid engine. the wheelbase looked way stretched but it was creative and it was a one off that he and his brother did. I was in college at the time but never did see the car again since the car show scene got killed there. There was no driveshaft, trans connected directly to the rear end.

Gtrene...

I kinda like these.....but needs a real engine...like an LS...wink

Attachments

• 2006-TVR-Sagaris-1.jpg
    2006-TVR-Sagaris-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 397
  • tvr_sagaris_red_front_2003.jpg
    tvr_sagaris_red_front_2003.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 325
Its just time and money.......

We have done quite a few one offs and I have learned from my mistakes over the years....if you get my drift...

Last edited:
I think Fran is on the right track with the GTA,

I think a mix of the GTA and SLC might really be the winning combo, what I mean is

- Original Design
- All creature comforts (including power windows)
- V8 Mid engine platform

Something that would truly compete with the Lambo's, Ferrari's, Pagani's and Konegsegegigiisisisisigigeegs.

The GTM failed at this in my opinion, Yes, it looks more like an production product that belongs on the street, but the quality is very questionable and some aren't too thrilled about the design.

This is all opinion, but I think it wouldn't be that expensive to do, here's why

The SLC is already a great chassis, along with suspension. So the only things that would have to be created are:

- New Body Design
- Windows/creature comforts
- New Interior with ablity to put in today's equipment (SatNav, Stereo,, ect ect)

Back