RCR's Next car should be.....

Konegsegegigiisisisisigigeegs
LOL

This is all opinion, but I think it wouldn't be that expensive to do, here's why

The SLC is already a great chassis, along with suspension. So the only things that would have to be created are:

- New Body Design
- Windows/creature comforts
- New Interior with ablity to put in today's equipment (SatNav, Stereo,, ect ect)

I completely agree. It seems like it wouldn't be a stretch to have several body designs for the SLC chassis, which is a work of art.

Funny how not to long ago it was the other way around. Granted I am talking about aircraft, but the P-51 would not have been the fighter it became without the Packard built RR Merlin.

If you guys had any idea what is involved with developing a body and all the associated parts you would be stunned...then you would simply buy an SLC, build it and be driving something original...:idea:

If you guys had any idea what is involved with developing a body and all the associated parts you would be stunned...then you would simply buy an SLC, build it and be driving something original...:idea:

that's the plan Fran within the next 24-36 months depending on travel schedules. have the motor in storage ready for it :)

Henry...Thank you,I wouldn't say its perfect but I certainly like it alot...

We just shipped out a show car thats heading to Chicago and will be on display starting at the end of next week....looked pretty darned cool...

agreed on the TVR Sagaris, some already did a conversion to LS7 and some in other TVR's LS3, it made a big difference and also the sound was better and ow, more reliable.
the new "owner" NS said a few years ago he would start to build all with LS engine's but sadly TVR is no more (active).

For clean lines I like the TVR T350c and that with a LS3/480 and a LHD conversion since all are RHD.

btw, seeing all those special sportcars types ala porsche 917 look, 2 weeks ago I saw one I never knew...and its a Daihatsu :D
I only know small/mini Daihatsu's but not this old racecar>>

the Daihatsu P5 from 1968

tumblr_m6bydbCKL61r2dcdfo1_r1_500.png

P5_15.jpg

Daihatsu P-5

also this for me unknown car, 1967 Thomassima 2
lovely shape, even nicer than the P4

tumblr_m9flu5FQvu1r2dcdfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9flu5FQvu1r2dcdfo2_1280.jpg

The second Thomassima, realize by the famous Maserati and Ferrari customer Tom Meade in the sixties. Based on a Cooper frame with a Ferrari V12

Just have to post this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiV5QNcf48s&feature=BFa&list=FLf78AM_FIKdNG8S1bf9mp9A]Alfa Romeo 33/2 "Periscopica" - YouTube[/ame]

Holy crap - I've never seen one of those before. Looks very English to me.... maybe those Germans went out and got hammered on some UK heavy ale the night before - :drunk:

Aw, come on guy's. It is Race-Car-Replicas! Let's have more Group C cars in the lot.
Oh, wait! We already have the SL-C. Nevermind!!

OK That is freekin beautiful...although that roll bar is completely useless :)

Here is my favorite Alfa. When I was a kid it was the body of choice for my 1/8 scale gas R/C car! Imagine how chuffed I was to run across this at Laguna this year. Would have loved to hear it run but I did not stay for Sunday. Had a nice visit with these guys and they were a little suprised a "kid" would know anything about this car :) (there was only like 6 of these cars ever built) asked them what they do for spare engine parts. "We bought three engines with it, and we hope we never have to use one".

(Click on the "pic"Alfa coming down the corkscrew)
Joe DiLoreto | Checkered Flag Films

The bodywork was pretty ''used'' although it looks good in pics and video
(Pretty dangerous to be out there with a balky shifter IMO, they got lucky and nobody tagged them)

Last edited:
Back