RCR's Next car should be.....

Or this...
redbullx1-655x368.jpg

ls3 in the back, two seats single file, and not quite as much body paneling

As you can see, I like the canopy-racer look...

Well you build it then because I really don't...so there....:dead:

I already have a tandem Nemesis BTW, a few customers have seen the chassis at the shop .......and the best part..NO CANOPY.....:pepper:

I already have a tandem Nemesis BTW, a few customers have seen the chassis at the shop .......and the best part..NO CANOPY.....:pepper:

That was my only concern about the Nemesis. I couldn't share the excitement with my wife. :laugh:

Maybe I will, Fran... maybe I will :cry: :bigcry: :cry:

For me, a central driving position is key, with two passengers. I don't want three abreast though. MacLaren F1 all the way, just a (more) modern interpretation. Your other offerings don't give me the possibility of carrying my laptop bag / crate of beer / wife / kids (they appreciate acceleration!) and a central driving position - please tell me if I'm wrong!

If you have been in /near an F1 you will have noticed the two outer seats are tiny and getting into the middle seat is a real pain .
As practical as it may look on the outside its tough to accomplish and not particularly practical.
A modern three seater with all the expected comfort ends up being quite a wide car. We did actually built a 3 seater chassis with a 360 drivetrain for a Californian customer, we accommodated three of our regular sized SLC seats ,
The wheelbase was 6 inches longer than the SLC and the chassis interior was 4 inches wider.
The customer was having his own coachbuilder handcraft an aluminum body for the chassis, he is a well known Ferrari collector.

I keep having this mental image of Fran sitting at his computer and checking in on this thread every few months, and as he reads all the new posts, his eyes start to cross, and steam starts coming out of his ears...

...and then the stress gets too great, and his hands start to shake and his mouth gets dry as sweat starts beading his brow...

...and he closes the browser window, and fires up his CAD software...

...and then a few months later, we get an announcement from RCR/Superlite about a new product for sale!

This is a fun thread. Frequent suggestions that seem inspired, peppered with occasional flights of sheer lunacy...

JR

One of the elements that makes the componant cars so compelling is the ability to use existing and plentiful running gear. In addition to style its one of the things that makes a jag recreation easier to do(for the consumer) than say a ferrari.

In this vein I would suggest a 50;s alfa range, the spider but also the TZ 2, which make great track cars, and there are plently of alfa running componants to be found inexpensive. One might also look at the T33, the street cars built looked fantastic and woudl probably make abreat trackn car too, in lieu of the alfa v8 one could do the v6 from the 164 or even a subaru motor.

In fact there was a car designed in italy 10 years agp that looked very similar to the t33 that had a subaru motor, it never went into production, but apparently there wa slarge demand especialy from Japan.

I also think the C2 vettes are stunning, especialy the coupen without bumpers. A car like that but with more modern suspension and a nice interior would be awesome.

And yeah if you built a F1, I would be a buyer, lots of BMW V12 motors laying around these days.

My general comment is that for these more expensive dual use cars, the inerior should be closer to the origionals.

Or yres if you di a run of late 60's early 70's F1 style cars, something really beautiful thatw e can put different motors in, I cans end a deposit now.

lastly if you go to any ferrari club event I think there is a market for a mid engined ferrari powered car, somethign to run at the track events. there was something built in france with 355 motors that looked like a mid 70s chevron. Or even soemthing that looks like the ferrari 333. If you can put one of the plentiful 360 or 430 motors in it shoudl be a winner.

Last edited:
A couple of friends already build them Hurley race products build the LSR and Jon Staudacher builds his DSR.
The SCCA is in turmoil with the rules packages right now for this kind of car...

There is no way you could make a competitive car be streetable...

We already have the Nemesis as a trackday street car and the new full bodied version we will be running with diesel power in a couple of weeks is a cracking little thing too...

Fran,

SCCA issues aside, neither of those cars have anything near the technology of the old Stohr cars...or your current offerings, for that matter. The problem with the Stohr cars....price. You could do something along those lines (a scaled-down LMP) for a much more reasonable cost.

As for streetable...no, a competative car wouldn't be streetable. But a non-competition car could be streetable, and unique. Bike-powered, and faster than snot.

Oh well, you know what you're doing. I thought it was worth a shot.

Ron ,
the LSR has much more aero tech than the Stohr..in fact Hurley makes upgrade parts for the Stohr cars, wings and splitters...

Quality costs and to make something that's strong , safe and fast I feel that I would rather pay what its worth to achieve all of those things than try to make a 'cheap" relative term I know..street car..

Cost a bazillion bucks to produce with very little return for cost.
That's probably why it will never happen. The design rights probably belong to Mr. Cherry as well.

Back