RCR's Next car should be.....

Cost a bazillion bucks to produce with very little return for cost.
That's probably why it will never happen. The design rights probably belong to Mr. Cherry as well.

You are absolutely right about exact duplicating of the Caddy, I guess I was thinking more of a RCR take on a modern 32 Ford with that awesome suspension...

Jeff-

You are absolutely right about exact duplicating of the Caddy, I guess I was thinking more of a RCR take on a modern 32 Ford with that awesome suspension...

Jeff-

That too is a crowded market with Factory Fives interpretation of the 33.

I agree with TimB. For most of the people in that niche, the FF provides an entry point. There are soooo many (but less than before recession) street rod companies that make high end components that "can" be assembled to a good standard. It will almost certainly cost more than a FF, but the FF provides a good return on coin.

There has been other attempts at your proposal including a rear mounted Northstar coupe with monocoque chassis. It never made mainstream because like so many Harley guys: style and appearance wins out over function. My father is high end rodder and I have a Harley so don't take that offensive, anyone.

I'm almost certain that it has been said some 40 pages ago, but with Farrarie being such a hawk along with Mercedes on replicas, any thought on the beautiful Miura?

Lots of thoughts on a Miura but without a transverse V12 its just not cricket..

a GT40 rep has a Ford engine, a T70 with a Chevrolet, a P4 with a Fezza engine etc etc ...these make replicas really homage cars that create a similar sound and fell as the originals , so a Miura is a really tough prospect...

I still have this little cracker sitting in the corner ready rock...

Attachments

• MONOPOSTO%2058%20001.jpg
    MONOPOSTO%2058%20001.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 721
STREET LEGAL FLYING CAR!!!... ($279,000.00)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXRGhhKDGs]Driven To Fly - Short Cut - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• Terrafugia-Transition-Flying-Car-05_FrontCorner.jpg
    Terrafugia-Transition-Flying-Car-05_FrontCorner.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 262
VAYDOR--New g35 based kit car - YouTube

VAYDOR 2003-06 INFINITI g35 based exotic kit car - YouTube

This guy got into some hot water doing a bentley GTC replica, then did his own design. This is on an infiniti g35. Great work.

24550d1379901941-fugazzi-bored-starting-supercar-build-736.jpg

24465d1379336675-fugazzi-bored-starting-supercar-build-2013-09-03-17.15.13.jpg
Very interesting. Gorgeous body! I'm sure theses guys are very knowledgable but there's no way that thing with 400whp will do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds as they claim. I just can't imagine spending 50+k on a rebodied front engined car with stock suspension.

That's where Fran comes in. I can build a 450-500whp Apex with all carbon fiber/alcantara interior, cage, custom engineered suspension, etc. for 35-40k.

I think the problem with the Vaydor is that it looks too much like a Lambo. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but it looks like it was an attempt to look like an Aventador for most angles.

Lots of thoughts on a Miura but without a transverse V12 its just not cricket..

a GT40 rep has a Ford engine, a T70 with a Chevrolet, a P4 with a Fezza engine etc etc ...these make replicas really homage cars that create a similar sound and fell as the originals , so a Miura is a really tough prospect...

I still have this little cracker sitting in the corner ready rock...

This monoposto looks great, I assume given the layout relatively inexpensive. For me though something like a 1970 brabham or lola. There are so many great motors laying about for a mid engined race/track car, like the V8 volvo, any number of junked BMW V12's.

I also think recreating seminal cars seems to be where demand is. The most seminal car of the last 20 or so years is the Mclarent F1. I am betting that you could do a great one. There are also plently of BMw V12's to go around.

Or another seminal car is the countach.
The lambo ones are in most regards terrible cars that look great. What about a CT without the flaws, like splayed pedal location recalcitrant tranny, close to no Ac and 80's Italian build. Something still mid engined and V12 powered. Look how well the Zonda went with a Merc V12, lots of S class V12s hitting the junkyards these days. I think the countach design is what speaks for the car, it does not have to be a lambo, just a countach. But a V8 misses the point it must be a sonourous V12. Hell there are enough murcilargos around that you might even just fit lamo power.

What is the expected spec for the monoposto? It looks like a masser 250f. Does tha mean live axle and straight 6?

Last edited:
This monoposto looks like the Ferrari 246 Dino F1 from the late fifties. Not every detail is the same, but particularly the front engine part resembles the 246.

John

Attachments

• MONOPOSTO RCR.jpg
    MONOPOSTO RCR.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 357
Still give me something that looks like a 1970 Brabham F1 car with small wings. Tell me where to send my deposit.

Ir somethign that looks like an alfa 33 track car from the early 70s, that i can put aferrari v8 in.

I think the problem with the Vaydor is that it looks too much like a Lambo. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but it looks like it was an attempt to look like an Aventador for most angles.

Hmmm a sub 4 second car that looks as a good as a lambo for a fraction of the cost....that sounds terrible. I'm following!!

I think I like the styling more then the apex...whether its less original or not welll?? I'm sure superlite will put together a more complete package however.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Modern Cars are beautiful, but the electronics wished for would not cut it. Classic is the way to go. Simple, consistant with existing construction techniques by RCR. The LMP1 is a great push forward as well as the SLC but with no modern traction control (although available aftermarket) and other tech stuff that is not available makes them much more expensive. The sports cars of 50's,60's and 70's seem to be the more logical for RCR.

Back