RCR's Next car should be.....

The Robertson car ended up being very different from the original Doran built cars...three years of constant development made it a pretty good package that was on pole at Petit Le Mans...and finished 3rd in class at Le Mans in 2011

Is this a body kit for the Ford GT? Or is RCR working on a total GT package? As pricing seems to be climbing for orignal GTs, I would love to see this option. As much as I keep dreaming of building/owning a 40, this might be a great alternative for a big guy that wants a 'little' more comfortable ride. (I am 6'2", 275#)

Its a full build...and its MASSIVE inside...certainly a car that big guys will be able to appreciate.

Pricing will continue to climb on the GT's in my opinion as more and more get crashed.
The really big problem with the GT is replacement parts as many of the original tools have been destroyed and the volume of cars left does not warrant new tooling.

Its a full build...and its MASSIVE inside...certainly a car that big guys will be able to appreciate.

That is exciting news!! As much as I love the 40 and the SL-C, a GT replica with a ford-based powertrain is much more inline with my personality.

Any more info on this project??

We discussed colors today!:thumbsup: Don't expect anything subtle.

This is going to be an incredible project.

Alex, your right, this is the project I was talking about in the spring.

We discussed colors today!:thumbsup: Don't expect anything subtle.

This is going to be an incredible project.

Alex, your right, this is the project I was talking about in the spring.

Are you going to document the build here? Your SLC thread was excellent!

Is your GT project based on a modified current tub/suspension? Or a totally new design? Just curious if it will share any components with other RCR cars or even the Ford GT?

Fran would really be the one to ask about details but it is a modified SLC tub with very similar suspension, possibly the SLC race suspension but Fran can say more. I don't think it will share anything with the Ford GT. The parts are just too hard to find and very costly.

The GT-R has its own chassis as the width and wheelbase is greater than the SLC.

There will be some carry over of components from the SLC to the GT-R...it will not have SLC race suspension components

Well, there you go! I knew Fran would give us the answers we were all looking for. I guess I really have know idea whats going on, just excited for the new project! (Fran, I should probably focus more when we are talking on the phone!)

.... I don't think it will share anything with the Ford GT. The parts are just too hard to find and very costly.

Obviously Fran has the cost/value thing all figured out..... But thats exactly why I was hoping it would share some chasis/suspesion geometry with the GT. Maybe there would be a market for original GT owners wanting to upgrade stock suspension, or replace broken parts. Larger target market, for the components could help the pricing. (could)

I have all the OEM Ford GT suspension in CAD and I have a large stash of OEM parts too....

The demand for OEM GT parts is very small so it makes no sense to recreate them at this time...besides there is room for improvement on the original GT..... the Robertson race car shares NOTHING suspension component wise with an OEM

Our GT-R will be a similar price to the SLC...

Fran;

Will the new concept truck have enough room for 180* headers? (I've been watching too many YouTube clips....)

Do you plan on bringing out some of your newer cars (Apex, SLC LM, new truck) to the Carslisle show in 2014?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ummm.... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 341
Back