RCR's Next car should be.....

Michael Fling

Supporter
As much as I love my SLC, it doesn't yet have the magic that my other car does… I'm just saying. You have to admit it looks amazing. With a few mods to the SLC, we could have remarkable flying capabilities!

IMG_4562.jpg

The first car I looked at from Fran was the P4, I thought it would be fun to refine a few things about the body (IMO Ferrari didn't get it quite right, sacrilege I'm sure! lol) and maybe toss in some modern size wheels. Ideas that will never come to be, not by me anyway. The OP if this picture has a beautiful car coming along, I didn't want to clutter his thread with this dreaming.

Attachments

• image63.jpg
    image63.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 758
I'm also a fan of those Ginetta G12 cars, small/low, super lightweight and a longitudinal mid engined cars.

Love it!!

I am following the Apex closely...

But would really like something closer to a Lotus Elise that could be built with common donor parts (like the Eclipse drivetrain).

Bill Thomas' Cheetah

the-legend-continuesthe-continuation-cheetah.jpg

20081229-212340-13.jpg

...But a modern day version of it.

It's super light, has a small block chevy, shattered numerous records when it ran, and I think it's beautiful. A modern day version would use a current LS of some sort, and a 6 speed trans instead of the 4. Id say use a C4 Vette as a "donor", or keep it about the same basic dimensions as it (96" wheel base, very short overhangs, etc).

One of my favorite slot cars as a kid.
Interestingly, not long after - a family friend had one of the original (six?) cars, he was converting it to street use. While doing the conversion he tended to get bored, so he would go for blasts around the west side of Lake Tahoe .... basically a full race Cheetah without the body on it!

It showed up decades later being towed by a Chevy pick-up in a Chevy truck ad.

I second the Cheetah. LS power, Fran's trademark aluminum monococque chassis, and sort out the front end aero to keep it on the ground. A Cheetah built with 21st century engineering.

JR

hahahahahaha....

The charm of the Cheetah is its quirkiness...not the changes that need to be made...

Its an awesome car thats a real throwback to the days when anything went...even bolting the trans directly to the rear axle...great car for what it is , but as practical as mudflaps on a turtle....

After building the prototype chassis the decision was made to widen the cockpit and make it less sportscar like inside and be more "manly" and truck sized...

Reworking the CAD and remodeling in FEA right now....two week shutdown over the holidays was busy on the tube..not really a vacation for some of us....its really going to be a cool project ..already got a couple of TV shows begging for it....

Shop is back open on Monday full force..

Or what about this sort super lightweight...The Elva Coupe GT, it weights only 428kg so it seems...I guess its a bit more.
they also called it the Elva BMW because of its BMW engine, but I also read somewehere that there is also the Elv Porsche with Porsche engine...

Das Auto war 3450 mm lang und 1480 mm breit; Radstand 2260 mm, Spurweite 1250 mm. Das Leergewicht (fahrfertig) wurde mit 428 kg angegeben.[1]

Elva Cars

Elva_160_%282009-08-07%29_ret.jpg

zijn er schijnbaar maar 3 van gemaakt? :hmmm:

1964 gab es das Coupé GT 160, von dem nur drei Fahrzeuge hergestellt wurden. Es hatte einen Vierzylindermotor von BMW mit 1991 cm³ Hubraum, der 182 PS bei 7200/min leistete und als Mittelmotor eingebaut war. Das dahinter liegende synchronisierte Fünfganggetriebe sollte mit unterschiedlichen Übersetzungen lieferbar sein, ebenso wahlweise ein selbstsperrendes Differenzial.
Der Wagen hatte einen Rohrrahmen. Die Räder waren vorn an Doppelquerlenkern, hinten an Längslenkern aufgehängt. Das Auto war 3450 mm lang und 1480 mm breit; Radstand 2260 mm, Spurweite 1250 mm. Das Leergewicht (fahrfertig) wurde mit 428 kg angegeben.[1]
Wegen des Motors wurde das Modell auch Elva-BMW genannt.

elva-gt-160-41898.jpg

Elva_Gt160.JPG

DSCN0604.jpg

Elva_GT_160_BMW_1.jpg

gt160-9.jpg

34875.jpg

I have a few questions regarding the new truck:

-The firewall seems to be at an angle. Will this allow for an after market supercharger?

-With a redesign in the works, is it only getting wider? Or are you adding to any other dimensions?

-My understanding is that this is kind of an "exocar" like vehicle. Are there any plans for a windscreen, doors, AC, stereo, etc?

-Which shocks do you plan on using?

-Fuel tank size? (for long distance desert runs)

Back