RCR's Next car should be.....

Fun thread but I'm voting Fran a rest. Who else is offering 9+ terrific cars right now? We're all waiting to see the 917 finished and the superlights are still in development.

Shhhhhhhhhh..............Top secret photos.....
These were spied being tested at Goodwood, by P Thompson.
Could be RCR's newest race car collection to be offered and judging by the crowd's reaction a sure hit!
And we did not have to wait for Carlisle :p: .........

Gregg, you better plan on making more wooden wheels!
;) ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3883.jpg
    IMG_3883.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,341

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
That would be me, Hillbilly Hall driving with "muskrat" Melia co-driving.....with Paul "pucker" Thompson close behind and Andy" parasol" Booth trying to kiss me from behind......:D

Fran,
That's why I brought up the 68-73 Datsun Bluebird aka Datsun 510.
It was raced by BRE Brock Racing Enterprises in the SCCA 2.5 Challenge Trans-AM Series winning the championship for the 1971 and 1972 seasons.
Some Bluebird/510s are still racing today.

C12_0606_06z+BRE_datsun_510_race_car+side_view.jpg

Chassis design and roll cage spec are available, the hood, trunk lid, front fenders and front spoiler are available in fiberglass already (may need to be looked at, might not be up to RCR quality specs).
No one has built a replica of it.

Just a thought.

Rich,
I cant imagine why you would need Fran to make a replica BRE 510?
510 coupes are not rare, and all the fibergalss flares, roll cages, suspension bits, and engines are easy to find. there is a huge amount of aftermarket and racing parts available for this car.

You can make your own easily.

the point of a replica like Fran can produce is to be able to own something that is incredible rare, and normally not withing the means of anyone but the super rich. It also allows the builder to create and tune the powertrain and other inputs however they like.

common high volume sedans are not the direction (if I can speak for Fran) of RCR, but only the most rare and special replicas along with RCR's own well designed vehicles are the direction.

BTW-I say this also because I have owned many 510s and raced them to death when i was younger and I still have a soft spot for them too.

Cheers
Eric

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
40inmyfuture...

Send me a deposit and we will get deadly serious...real quick...wink wink....

One thing to remember is that the 962 will be an absolutely horrendous street car...in fact not streetable at all in reality....

During the conversations I have had with customers about a 962...I have made it quite clear that I am not going to replicate the original chassis or any of the components.....we will build a hybrid and use RCR thinking and manufacturing processes. .... so it will be a silhouette of a 962 only...

Last edited:
You've done lots of cars, Fran. How about a refreshing change and turning your talents to an interesting light plane. Perhaps one of those canard layouts? Air cooled motor of course.

Dalton

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
In the never to happen future a call from my Cell Phone ...

Hey Fran, I'm airborne in the plane [RCR-P51] but I forgot the booklet with landing instructions, can you give me a call back when you get this message...

Sorry "Fran Hall"'s mailbox is full. :D:D:D

Stick to the good toys!

Sandy

I think the Schuppan 962CR has got to be the best looking "street" versions of the 962 - it was featured in the Victory By Design Porsche episode on Speed. Beautiful car.

Next to that is the Mclaren M6GT - that would have been my 2nd choice (maybe 1st?) after the Dino - I love the shape of that car. I think , because of it's early heritage it might make a better "road" car than the modern, highly purposeful designs. Still think the Dino would make a better road car, but as pointed out - RCR stands for...

The M8, another fabulous design - but in my mind it just doesn't come across right with a street legal windscreen (ala: Manta Mirage) - and especially with a roof - so maybe not a good road car design??

Considering the vintage era of most of the cars RCR offers, seems like a Mclaren would nicely round out the selection?? :)
Jeff

Need more open cars.... Do some open varients of the Porsche 908.

There are tons of Porsche track junkies. A Porsche flat 6 powered 908 that was sub 2000lb and could be sold cheap would have HUGE appeal to the Porsche track junkie crowd.

Terry

OK. Just because no one's said it, but here's a car for an underserved market.

All kidding aside, Fran's next car should be one that all of us kibbitzer's would buy. An impossible task, but I do like the lines of the 246 Dino.

Personally, I'm saving up for one of his T70 MkIII spyders w/a World Industries engine, Mendeola tranny w/paddle shift, Ti rotored brakes, and digidash data units.

Classy car, power and lightness.

BTW, I just received the latest Kit Car mag - nice article & ad for RCR.

ltr

Attachments

• jeff_gordon.jpg
    jeff_gordon.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 976
I love the 962, but what about the GT1 instead? I think it is a more beautiful car to replicate than the 962.

normal.jpg

Back