RCR's Next car should be.....

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
You guys know that a lot of the people who work for RCR are ex-Saleen employees, right? Fran has a really talented bunch of guys!!

Dan

You can buy one of these, similar in appearance & seats 2. Not very comfortable for the passenger though, well it wasn't for me round Silverstone recently.

Attachments

• Juno.jpg
    Juno.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 393
It's a JunoSSE, see here
Juno Racing :: Innovators of beautifully engineered race winning race cars

A passenger seat can be fitted with no chassis mods, engine in our series (V de V UK) is the 2ltr Honda VTec coupled to a Hewland paddle shift transaxle. The V6 version uses a Jaguar engine but I'm sure you could fit just about any 4cyl or V6 of your own choosing, the car is sold as a rolling chassis, so take your pick and shove it in.
As for being streetable, SVA here in the UK would have a field day with it, but in the USA I'm not sure. Raise the ride height, fit some street tyres, it already has lights & indicators, might be possible. Couple of pics below, the red one is our test car, the blue one the race car.

Attachments

• 2065858545_ad62ca36cb_b.jpg
    2065858545_ad62ca36cb_b.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 2241389923_365b09cb6f_b.jpg
    2241389923_365b09cb6f_b.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 412
  • Doni juno.jpg
    Doni juno.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 323
Fran, jumping off topic a wee bit, but i have been advised to ask you this question as if they exist you'd be the man to no where, I'm in the process of building a space framed replica of a Porsche WSC 95, the same as the pic in the avatar, and had a visit from Bruce Turnbull , of Saker Cars this morning, who incedently gave it the thumbs up, any way Bruce thinks there may be a body mould in the States somewhere for the car, do you have any knowledge of it at all
regards John

DaveW mate thats why i'm building the WSC, we have one Juno running in our class now, Honda Powered, and even the Nemisis cant catch him, and apparently theres three more on the water on there way down for next season, so i figure a LS7 and G50 should give him a hurry up
John

Sorry John....
no idea where they may be...I will keep my eyes and ears open for you though...

Saker USA is a few miles down the road from me here in Detroit....neat little cars.

John(Kaspa) great to see you here. :D First time I have noticed.

I've attached a larger photo that John posted on another forum. This is what the Porsche WSC-95 will look like finished.

Very nice.

Attachments

• kasper.jpg
    kasper.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Hi Craig , good to hear from you, thanks for posting the larger pic.
Bruce was very interested in the car, he went over it with an eagle eye and pointed out some design features i hadnt picked up, that are quite special, and very clever, his words not mine, so Andrew has definitly put a lot of time and effort into the chassis design by the looks of it, and got it pretty right.

Thanks for that Fran, if theres one out there some where i'm sure youll find it.
would save me an awfull lot of hard work if you can.
cheers John

Fran, freind buddy mate pal, that little blue number you were thinking out loud about on page five of this thread, would love to no more, that would suite the chassis i have very nicely, Mmmmmmmmm
await with anticipation
John

Brian Hamilton

Is that the little car you have the molds for sitting up on the rack in your shop Mr. Hall? Yeah, that would be an awesome body for that chassis!! Sounds like you guys have a winner!!

the Hayabusa sourced V8 that Radical developed looks like a hell of a powerplant. I am guessing from the Radical site that there is a fair bit of regular maintenance to keep it turning nicely. I am referring to the 2.4 L 300+ hp 10,000 rpm V8 created by mating two 1200cc I-4 Hayabusa motors (the one in the movie is a standard 4 cylinder).

Brian Hamilton

the Hayabusa sourced V8 that Radical developed looks like a hell of a powerplant. I am guessing from the Radical site that there is a fair bit of regular maintenance to keep it turning nicely. I am referring to the 2.4 L 300+ hp 10,000 rpm V8 created by mating two 1200cc I-4 Hayabusa motors (the one in the movie is a standard 4 cylinder).

Yeah that motor is sick, but it costs more than the friggin SLR!!!! LOL Imagine that thing with a pair of turbo's on it though...

theres actualy two variations to the theme, theres the Powertech engine built in the UK the one the Radicals use and this one built in the States www.H1V8.com,
the one fitted to the Atom
only problem with both is they have a life of approx 50hrs
still when you do the sums thats a good full season of racing.
would be nice
cheers John

Back