RCR's Next car should be.....

I think there would be a big market for a lightweight, smaller engined sportscar with the way the gas prices are going up.
Something like this would be a big seller in my opinion.
130_0709_02_z+tetsus_tales+suzuki_hayabusa_prototype.jpg

130_0709_01_z+tetsus_tales+suzuki_hayabusa_prototype.jpg

A compact RWD car with a choice of big bike engined or a small NA or Turbo 4 cilinder engine.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
That's basically an SLC, but the engine's in the wrong place. The cool thing Fran is doing now with the SLC & SLR is leaving them open for all sorts of drivetrain options, even Electric!

But that is a sweet looking ride though none the less...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yeah, the front does look like a Panoz. The vents on the side really make it. LOL But I was saying that the platform as far as what was suggested is something you've already done. Anyway, it's a pretty cool little car. Sorry, but right now lately my mind has been on the SLC. Trying to figure out how I'd set one up. That's all that's been on my mind the last 2 weeks honestly. Since I saw the black SLC, that's all that's in my head. DAMN YOU FRAN!!!!

^^^ I second that! However, I've tried to find some companies that make a replica of the 250 California Spyder, but they have all seemed to have disappeared. I wonder if that's a coincidence? Fran already does one Ferrari replica (P4). Would he be able to get away with one more?

Attachments

• Ferrair 250 California.jpg
    Ferrair 250 California.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 329
A guy nover on the FFR froum just purchased a very pretty cream coloured 250 rep....great looking car...so they are out there.

I purchased a stalled project(due to a death) last year and its a 250 type car based on an small Italian chassis(124) ..its a cool looking little car and easy to build as its a repanel/rebody..anyone interested in buying one finished car , one 75% finished car and another roller complete with all tooling , moulds and rights to the car drop me a line...
I purchased it as I like the finished car and its attention to detail but we are very busy at RCR that I fear it will sit around and die a terrible death....

A guy nover on the FFR froum just purchased a very pretty cream coloured 250 rep....great looking car...so they are out there.

I purchased a stalled project(due to a death) last year and its a 250 type car based on an small Italian chassis(124) ..its a cool looking little car and easy to build as its a repanel/rebody..anyone interested in buying one finished car , one 75% finished car and another roller complete with all tooling , moulds and rights to the car drop me a line...
I purchased it as I like the finished car and its attention to detail but we are very busy at RCR that I fear it will sit around and die a terrible death....

Which brings me to a thought.

Perhaps the next RCR should be a smaller chassis concept, suitable for smaller cars? This may allow for another range or rear engined machines, but might just as well be suitable for front engined options.

The major question is going to be (in my mind);
Is a front engine chassis something that would sell, when any cobra chassis builder could theoretically adapt their own chassis to suit a new body/configuration?

I already have one the SL-R....
If you recall I did the original RCR-P with a FWD package and everyone said what a great idea it was...and nobody purchased ...so thats proves thats its not a 4 cylinder world...V8's still rule the midengine world....

Although the ELECTROLITE Roadster debuted this weekend at an ALL electric event and took home best in show ...TV time coming this week and more farther into the Summer with our ZERO emissions beauties....

Last edited:
I already have one the SL-R....
If you recall I did the original RCR-P with a FWD package and everyone said what a great idea it was...and nobody purchased ...so thats proves thats its not a 4 cylinder world...V8's still rule the midengine world....

Although the ELECTROLITE Roadster debuted this weekend at an ALL electric event and took home best in show ...TV time coming this week and more farther into the Summer with our ZERO emissions beauties....

The SL-R did cross my mind, but I was thinking of front engine.... No reason why it can't be used with mid engine either.

You're quite correct of course, I was (I think) among those complimenting you on the FWD packaging option. I'm surprised that absolutely nobody ordered one though, perhaps the SL-R was a bit too good?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

What motor(s) were used in the Electrolite Fran? HP rating? Weight of car?

I'm still collecting parts for the next one... :)

Warp 9 is the baby one currently installed but a warp 11 will be going in later this week...
Not HP but torque rating is approx 300lb/ft as a base comparison.

Using lead acid batteries to keep the cost down the all up weight was 1974lbs..

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Fran

Are you upto date on the latest breakthrough for lead acid batteries? Actually, I'm sure you are, but if not here is an extract about it:-
"Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) has developed a hybrid car battery that costs 70 percent less all while charging faster, providing 50 percent more power and recharging more times, increasing the life of battery by 300 percent. CSIRO's so called UltraBattery combines technologies of the capacitor and a regular lead-acid battery to make a better battery. Capacitors and batteries working together is not a new thing but the Ultrabattery gets the advantages without using control electronics."

Here is the link for those interested.

Cheers

Bill

Thanks Bill,
we are in the middle of a LiPolymer SL-C too...cant wait to get that one on the road...its going to be a monster...and hopefully showcase some pretty cool new technology...

Back