RCR's Next car should be.....

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Fran, the J2X-C is one sexy beast. I know one day you and your company will satisfy my GTP desires. My favorite class of racing and cars of all time.

If I were to do another completely new car it would be a full race...NO STREET..car just like this one...

I love this car...compare it to the new Audi R18 Coupe...20 years its junior...ahead of its time back in the early 90's..its one of one and is bitchin' in the flesh.
The car created so much down force that it was too slow at Le Mans and the enginebay and body packaging would not facilitate a larger more powerful engine installation...bummer.

No poo No street, that is RADICAL to the the letter!
Would be a horrible street car....I don't know I must be getting old or something....I am sort of stuck in the 80-90's with race car design. To me F1 and Sportscars peaked in that era style wise. That Audi has been beaten badly with the ugly stick and F1 cars are not far behind.

Looks a lot like the closed cockpit version of a Lola. The front "pods" are much the same. One could stand on the undertray between the fender and the drivers area in order to work in there.

Very cool, no doubt, but not really a car designed for a "hobbyist". That's a pretty serious racing machine....but then again so is the 962. :)

If I were to do another completely new car it would be a full race...NO STREET..car just like this one...

I love this car...compare it to the new Audi R18 Coupe...20 years its junior...ahead of its time back in the early 90's..its one of one and is bitchin' in the flesh.
The car created so much down force that it was too slow at Le Mans and the enginebay and body packaging would not facilitate a larger more powerful engine installation...bummer.

I love that car, saw it at the 2010 Historics at RA.

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 469
How about a totally new design. Could help you with it. If interested PM me.
Something like a bugatti veyron, or a lamborghini reventon....Or a new retro stile of an alfa romeo 33 stradale.....
alfa-romeo-33-stradale.jpg

Last edited:
I also vote for the Alfa 33 Stradale, its a act of beauty, its also posted before, anyway here again some fine pictures, and i think its well possible for the RCR alu mono.

1967_Alfa-Romeo_33-2_Stradale_02.jpg

33_stradale_01.jpg

Alfa%20Romeo%2033%20Stradale...jpg

Alfa%20Romeo%2033%20Stradale%3B.jpg

some are a bit different, some have one vent at the rear, some 2 and some none...anyway, very nice cars, also some GT40 rear and other bits, so me thinks this would be a perfect car for a replica.

4776743944_7599519d8e_b.jpg

The only big difference is that the SL-C is purely for race, and the others are as well for luxury & design

I wholeheartedly disagree.The SL-C is purely what you make it.

Look at how Aspira went the route you described, undoubtedly for a lot less than a million dollars:
xbhffm.jpg

10s7m8g.jpg

6r7net.jpg

Is the design not exotic? I think it is.
Is the interior not luxurious? I think it is. You, the client, can make it the case. RCR provided a great product with the SL-C - one your imagination and pocket-book can guide you on. This car represents the true self-built super car with no compromises (unlike the FFR GTM).

Who wants a common Lambo when one can have an SL-C? It's unique, better in every facet that makes an automobile a car, and can be had for less money. I think the choice is obvious...

by the way, there seem to be at least one person who is making replica's of the Alfa Romeo tipo 33 Stradale...
don't know to much but here a link of the build

Stradale Tipo 33 Factory

DSC00393.JPG

and some Dutch person spotted this somewere, it is also a replica so he says...looks very good.

4zon6hk.jpg

5xe4ls7.jpg

this sort with a big V8 and good suspension and roadholding would be very nice

Ramon, The SLC is not purely race. If so, this is a pretty plush race car interior. Mine will look similar and for the street.

Attachments

• SLC interior.jpg
    SLC interior.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 375
No poo No street, that is RADICAL to the the letter!
Would be a horrible street car....I don't know I must be getting old or something....I am sort of stuck in the 80-90's with race car design. To me F1 and Sportscars peaked in that era style wise. That Audi has been beaten badly with the ugly stick and F1 cars are not far behind.

You think you're stuck in a rut? I'm stuck on the Can-Am cars of the 60's - Lola Spyder, 917, etc.! At least people under 50 remember the cars of the 80s.

I really love this, I'm not into retro/classic cars normally and it's not even like this was a car I liked when I was young as it was before my time (1968-1974), I've seen a few around in person and always liked the look of them but never looked into them further.

My parents even owned a Mk3 and later a Mk6 but they just do not compare to the Mk1.... and now I've seen this:

SHP Engineering | Multimedia | Retro Gallery

I don't know why but I absolutely love the Mk1 and love the idea of the above even more, knowing Fran he probably knows these guys, eitherway I'm sure he's owned at least ONE of the various generations, any self respecting Limey should have had/driven at least one :D

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
The lines on that Alpha are almost indecent. What a stunning design from any angle. It gets my vote. C'mon Fran...do your thing.

+1 - And it doesn't seem to be so proportionally different than the frame under a GT-40, or other cars that RCR produces.

I used to navigate in a Mk2 rally car with a BDA . We Also had a Mk1 with the Forest arch set up and a 2.0L pinto.

I spotted these guys advertising this....what a cracking idea and such an iconic car, there was a Mk1 driven by Paul Newman at Daytona a couple of weeks ago, brough back some fond memories.

Back