RCR's Next car should be.....

It might have possibilities as a tri hull fishing boat.
09eBayFindOfTheDayMercedesC1000_3.jpg

I know what you mean...the rear of this silly car is actually reminiscent of the rear end of my boat..except for the outdrive where the center bulge is on the car. The outer bulges look just like the corresponding bulges on the rear of my hull...under the rear platform. I DO believe that Fran will have better taste in consideration of the next RCR...

If the angle of the photo were lower, it would be easier to see the similarity of the boat rear to the car...I just don't have a good photo of the rear of the boat from lower, such as when out of the water.

I was just revisiting the first pages of this thread, and could not help but see the similarity to some boats, like mine...What a laugh! Jennifer

Last edited:

A nice variation on the GT40.....Not a huge success in racing, but the Mirages were a stop-gap until a lighter more modern car could be developed. I beleive that 3 were built, but that one or two of them have been converted to full width GT40 winscreen and cabin. I'm sure that some of the history guys will know for sure.. I bet these are tight, but probably not as tight as the modern narrow cabin cars, or even the 917. They sure do look good. In as much as these could be done on existing GT40 systems, the cost would not be too high.
Jennifer

I believe the Grazino transmissions that Fran uses has the FWD output shaft already, The engineering exercise is getting a drive-shaft past the LS engine.
Transmission foward of engine, between driver and passenger, transfer case there too, then fore and aft heading drive shafts to diffs at each end, rear offset from centerline to accommodate the drive-shaft being adjacent to the engine block . Grazino has off the shelf parts, as they already make them for big name Italian 4WD cars. Their website is rather spartan, but there are a few PDF downloads, that illustrate the customer car, some examples of which include Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, etc. A photo of the car, and of the mechanical systems that they make for that model are illustrated on each page of the muiti page documents. Even the gear ratios are given.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
09eBayFindOfTheDayMercedesC1000_3.jpg

I know what you mean...the rear of this silly car is actually reminiscent of the rear end of my boat..except for the outdrive where the center bulge is on the car. The outer bulges look just like the corresponding bulges on the rear of my hull...under the rear platform. I DO believe that Fran will have better taste in consideration of the next RCR...

If the angle of the photo were lower, it would be easier to see the similarity of the boat rear to the car...I just don't have a good photo of the rear of the boat from lower, such as when out of the water.

I was just revisiting the first pages of this thread, and could not help but see the similarity to some boats, like mine...What a laugh! Jennifer

RCR is already starting in the off-raod market...how bout an articulated?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeCkCrcso98
This vintage GM film for AGL-4 is really interesting

GM's AGL-4: Corvair-Powered Experimental Vehicle | GM Authority

LOL I guess what they say is true then....

Beauty really is in the eye of the BEER Holder! :thumbsup:

HA! My old Jeep flexed more than that...

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

I'm itching to see the new Exo-truck thing that Fran is cooking up!!! The open desert is calling my name.

I'd like to see someting ultra modern looking on par with the looks of this newest round of supercars (918, P1, etc) . I think this would do :thumbsup:

ferrari-xezri-3.jpg

6C780A27176A55EE28ADED6F22CB.jpg

Opposite end of the spectrum but if you want to get into the absolutely massive Jeep world and make a lot of people very happy...
jeep-nukizer-715.jpg

Or my favorite

jeep-mighty-fc-xl.jpg

Opposite end of the spectrum but if you want to get into the absolutely massive Jeep world and make a lot of people very happy...
jeep-nukizer-715.jpg

I'm surprised no one has taken on this project. There's a lot of mods on that, but just the front clip would be pretty cool.

I work at Chrysler Tech Center, seen the JEEP in "flesh".
Extremely cool truck, everybody loved it. However not a good business case. :-(

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
That's a pretty slick car...didn't realize they had a carbon chassis too, very nice.

Partnered with Lotus ....

Do they have a V8 as I recall a 4 cyl. one..?

You should be able to knock one of those up in your shop Ted...wink

$165k plus S/H/Tax for the 4 cyl...not cheap but less expensive than many other full race cars of similar calibre

Last edited:
Back