RCR's Next car should be.....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks...

with the roof and B pillars on the OEM GT being a stamped part , Brad had to join the dots to make our GT-R parts something we can make out of composite . He has done a cracking job , using the OEM parts really helped but creating parts from thin air is always tough...

but ouch those OEM GT parts are expensive...

Last edited:
You are correct that parts for the 2005/2006 FGT are expensive but try buying the whole car with starting prices now well north of $200K. Still looking forward to your RCR GT-R. Would consider having one of your GT-R's for track use while preserving my original.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
With the pair of doors costing me over $10k I am pretty sure the cost of the whole is cheaper than the parts...lol

I think a few GT owners will think the same thing especially as the GT-R will be 1000lbs lighter too

With the fit and finish better than the slc, how come nobody put the time into that with the regular gt40 bodies? So they can pop out of the mold looking great, even a wide body rear without the extra flair work. Brian

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I know we put a ton of time into "improving" the original GT40 body we moulded...if you check out Toms build thread you can see that the RCR40 requires little to no bodywork if time and attention to detail is used when building them

The GT-R will be a game changer for anyone looking for that kind of car

I was thinking this would be cool to have [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ai0uSj_OVE]Steve McQueen's 1956 Jaguar XKSS - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube[/ame]

1956 jaguar xkss

I know we put a ton of time into "improving" the original GT40 body we moulded...if you check out Toms build thread you can see that the RCR40 requires little to no bodywork if time and attention to detail is used when building them

The GT-R will be a game changer for anyone looking for that kind of car

Is this car still going to be track only? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love it as a car that splits street and track use.

Attachments

• MONOPOSTO 58 001.jpg
    MONOPOSTO 58 001.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 450

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
direct pics...

Attachments

• attachment2TP6LOC4.jpg
    attachment2TP6LOC4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 265
  • attachment82HV8OAH.jpg
    attachment82HV8OAH.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 247
  • attachmentAORZBKAB.jpg
    attachmentAORZBKAB.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 239
  • attachmentJ33LW11K.jpg
    attachmentJ33LW11K.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 257

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I spent yesterday at Mid Ohio with the Robertsons , they were running their GT's with the SVRA ...cant wait to get ours into production...what a killer car.

Attachments

• robertson-racing-gt2-speed.jpg
    robertson-racing-gt2-speed.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 627
  • robertson-david-murray-race.jpg
    robertson-david-murray-race.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 530
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 553

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We will start taking orders in August
No problem with a big block at all

The kit will be formatted similar to the SLC deluxe plus package ,there is only going to be one kit package available ... Deluxe plus

Purchase agreement paperwork and spec sheets are already available for potential customers

If your state allows component cars to be registered then there will be no problem

Giggity!!!

I think everyone knows by now what I'm about to ask...

Will I fit into the GT-R? (6'5", 250lbs) Fingers crossed...

Oh... What's the "street" ground clearance? I only ask because the pics of the Robertson Racing GT-R look like there's a 2* approach angle.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Justin.....you will have room to spare.

Ground clearance will be low, SLC levels but we have changed the shape of the front splitter to make the ramp/approach angle a little less aggressive...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
and a Wylie Coyote

Remember guys this is the GT-R and not a Ford GT...so its wider than the road car but we have also squeezed even more from the interior cockpit space than the road car too.

Back