RCR's Next car should be.....

will try explain my opinion.
Fran you well remember surely how much I deeply loved your works, all of theme, and to see your production is a great pleasure. I still save nearly under glass, that wonderful company jacket you sent me. Too cool really.

My work is similar for some points of view to what you do. Mines are little and dont move :), being all static stuff, but the production and the selling of my little cars is similar under too many points of view to the real ones.

My idea is that your company is today very famous and known for the high quality replicas you are able to produce, so my nothing-worthed tip is to remain ALWAYS in this sector of clients. I see there is already a very cool racer SLC in your production, but after some experience in real racing (I have been a truck driver and tyre changer during tourism races/prototipe in europe) I've seen with my eyes the hell around the production of a truly competitive race car. The company I worked with took several years to have a competitive car in BTCC and later on in WTCC serie (I know they are ridicolous series, but they take money, many money, a river of money....). add to this there was always a needing of skilled drivers (to pay) to achieve success and to make other privarte buddies with money say..I want that car too!!
And honestly always its production has been a deadly bloodbath, at the level you arrive to big company doors very very quick. And those dont like to share at all their long time achieved experience. Not at all. Mine ones were Fiat auto,Ferrari, Abarth and Honda. Nobody of theme wanted to help directly, and we were always their ....race dept.!

This said, imho the best will be if your next model will be another replica of a great racer of the past, some probably already suggest you the 956/962 serie (if not I do it now :))....you know surely much better than me what are the true icons people love, as well as the gt40 that started it all. It's on you decide it can be a C group replica, or why not a rally car (ford rs200?) People loves too much iconic cars. they love the idea to daily drive or trackday with one of those. The ones with the balls to risk life pushing theme to the REAL limit is another chapter, and this people usually are not car lovers, but speed lovers, and also they can easy buy an used corvette winning allover then and now. Pure racers already done by racing company are all around and get less and less pricey. What about that platoons of brutal Panoz esperante ugly and winning allover the world? Many are surely still around.
In italy there are several C7R or porsche rsr available for very few bucks..and if you buy an ex -whatever winner, be sure u will win something too. Its warranteed,even if the driver is slow like Peter Griffin.

This is my idea Fran, hope you will taake ispiration of this.
Go go go Fran!! I love your cars.

Last edited:
Perhaps an updated Pantera GT5 inspired variant like that Ring Brothers one off.
Perhaps different.. maybe open top, perhaps like an updated 550 wide body interpretation.

Carry on.

Fran,
I was at Brian Thompson's (Ken Lingefelter's) last week. I was talking to Brian about Ken taking delivery of his Superformance Grand Sport, which I have not seen yet. Brian took me to the back room where there was this great looking Corvette Grand Sport fresh out of the mold. It had the correct tubular frame and look. Add a few vents in the quarters and rear panel, along with an access door on top the drivers side front fender and rear end cooler behind the rear window it would look perfect.
Any idea who's car this is!

We think RCR should buy Scott's mold and make it an in house optional front clam. What he is doing is amazing and it really gives the Slc a new edge. So not a new/next car so much as an available Slc evolution option for future buyers or an upgrade for current owners.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Eric
I have a feeling you already know whose car it is haha
I will be heading back to pick it up next week now that Ken has been able to compare

We think RCR should buy Scott's mold and make it an in house optional front clam. What he is doing is amazing and it really gives the Slc a new edge. So not a new/next car so much as an available Slc evolution option for future buyers or an upgrade for current owners.

View attachment 80558

oooh this looks really interesting. Is there a build thread for this or more pics? something like this is what I would save for.

oooh this looks really interesting. Is there a build thread for this or more pics? something like this is what I would save for.

It's in the Slc clubhouse under "Scotts build thread" (sorry I wasn't sure a copy/paste link was working, it just dropped gt40s.com)

Last edited:
I see in the latest issue of Car Builder magazine, that RCR has 2 new replicas available:
  • 1951 Aston Martin DB3S - Fiberglass and aluminum bodies available
  • Steinard Formula Libre F5000 open wheel racer - LS3 power and weighs only 1212lbs!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 472
I'd love to see a DB10, although I know that it's not legally possible. Aston certainly still have the flair for style though.
still-1.jpg

I see in the latest issue of Car Builder magazine, that RCR has 2 new replicas available:
  • 1951 Aston Martin DB3S - Fiberglass and aluminum bodies available
  • Steinard Formula Libre F5000 open wheel racer - LS3 power and weighs only 1212lbs!

That Aston looks very nice. The F5000 would be a rocket on the track. Too bad I probably wouldn't fit into it...

Aston? How about this one?

Carbon-Fiber-Aston-Martin-DB4-Zagato-3.jpg
Nice.

RCR's current lineup is missing a really 'swoopy' replica, like the, achingly beautiful, Porsche 904 (Carrera GTS), or one of many Aston Martins.

Otherwise, something that really shouts styling-wise would be nice, e.g.
alfa_romeo_zero_lm_c_by_wizzoo7-d5pn595.png

alfa_concept_by_wizzoo7-d7amih8.jpg

A road-legal Aero (which will probably never exist), possibly even electric, would make a great commuting car IMO. Talking about electric cars, much as it pains me to say, I think that it's the future, and crying-out for someone to do a radical one. I'd quite like to see an electric car with a gas-turbine generator.

Back