Resale Value

G

It seems that replicas that are factory built have extremely good resale value. I have followed some sales of various kit and replicars on Ebay, and recently a CAV reached $81,600 (didnt meet reserve #1828806704, thats even higher than an ERA that was on several months back. Other factory built replicas that seem to do well are the Superformance Cobras and the Porsche 550 Spyder. This is vey encouraging to those with the factory built cars.

Happy motoring.

Matt

Ron Earp

Admin
Seems high for "resale" if I can buy a new CAV for about $59,000, or $65,000 with leather and A/C.

Transmission is $200, plus about $1000 for the differential. Engine should run you around $5k for a nice long block.

For around $72k you'd be on the road in style in a new one. Nice cars too, but I think I'd just get a new CAV as opposed to an inflated "used" one. Ebay always has seems to have inflated car prices. Just compare some of Ebay's bids on speciality cars verus what you might find in TraderOnline.

Ron

A Weber setup (Inglese) can add $3500 or more to your engine cost, and the fuel injection systems that have the "Weber look" cost in the $7000 range, I think. So I'd budget more like $8K-10K for the engine. The car on ebay looked like it had Weber IDFs on a Ford crate engine, so he probably had at least $7500 in that engine. Plus his labor in completing the engine and installing it in the car.

That CAV was new (I think it had 25 miles on it and had never been registered), by the way, so doesn't really represent the resale value of a used vehicle.

One thing that adds value to a finished car is that you don't have to wait the 2 months or whatever for CAV to build it.

Checking the DuPont reg, Rick Merz is
selling his GTD, asking price is $110K US.
Claims a 550HP motor, and he has 13 in.
Wilwwods, G50-50, killer sound system, etc.

Ian

Back