Rf 117

Hi Chris,

We did have a shake down over the weekend, regrettably not in the 40, we had too drag the Cobra out of the shed and pump up the tyres. I did spend some time with John Poulous (not sure of the spelling of his name) who has a 40 and a chap called Dimi who has a 40 and a Cobra.

A slightly frustrating week end with Bathurst turning on some variable weather conditions !

I must have changed from slicks to wets 10 times over the week end ( with the associated sway bar work) having said all that I still had a few solid laps in the dry and a few solid laps in the wet. We clocked the fastest time in both the wet & the dry which is rewarding.

For those who have driven Bathurst will understand that mixed weather conditions, the close prximity of concrete walls and the speed down conrod straight make for an exciting drive

Iain

How many blokes does it take to change a spark plug ?

Attachments

• Bowe Test 4.jpg
    Bowe Test 4.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 874
Iain I noticed you had some a very good fastest lap time at Oran Park be also had a DNF . Can you fill us in on how your car is comming along.

Darrell DRB#46
G50 LS1

I am very keen to hear how this weekend goes. Did I hear correctly that it'll be a standard BMW vs. Formula Ford vs. RF117 ?

Should be fun.

Thats right Troy,

if any of you guys can make it to Sandown tomorrow or Sunday you will see a speed comparision between a BMW road car, a FFord and RF117, a HUGE thanks to Iain for making the car available for John Bowe to drive against the Brabhams in the other cars.

At 9:00 tomorrow test starts and laps will be done in each car to see who starts when and the time gap before each is released to approximate all three cars crossing the start finish line at the end of the lap at the same time, abeit at vastly different speeds. I have a feeling JB will start last...

Iain and JB did some laps today and the car is awesome in real life, until today I had only seen the youtube clips which really don't do it justice.

We are looking forward to the weekend so please come and say hello at the RF trade display if you can make it out.

Lots of F5000's and other auto erotica to view.

Regards Paul

Keith

John Bowe? He don't take no prisoners! Used enjoy watching him race against Jim Richards - Ferrari vs Porsche if I recall corectly..

And V8 Supercars natch.

Hope Ian's insured!

Gus ,

It kind of depends on who is pedalling, We had JB in the car for a test day and the times he was producing would have easily beaten the Supercar, with me pedalling, we might be hanging on to the back markers.

Iain

Oran Park

Well we were in the lead at minute 48 of a 60 min race when one of the welds let go on an exhaust pipe, It transpires that I might have been able to keep going but sitting in the cockpit not knowing if we were belching flames across the fuel pipe system or just exhaust gas across the drive shafts I opted (prompted by my wallet) to cone in and find out. The drive into the pit lane and pulling the rear clip up allowed second & third placed car to pass us so we just parked it !

It should be said that Tim Mackay was originally in the lead but broke a rear upright which handed me the lead at minute 35 , we were lapping at approximatley the same lap times with backmarkers adding to the excitement !

Attachments

• 09JS42893.jpg
    09JS42893.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 991
  • 09JS43366.jpg
    09JS43366.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 864
Hi Iain,

Do you remember which brand of carbon seat was used in RF117? Do the names Tillet, Fluke or Reverie ring any bells?

Cheers.

RF 117 is out at Eastern Creek for the first round of the State Series Sat 13th & Sun 14th March , happy to see any interested parties

Iain

G'day Tom.

No, unfortunately not. :cry:

Try as I might, the Eastern Creek website and a subsequent Google search of the event didn't yield any pricing information for general admission.

Embarrassingly, things are so tight with finances that I didn't want to take the risk to discover budget busting ticket prices.

I'm very sorry for not having fulfilled my promise gents.

Perhaps Iain has some photos and results that he can share with us?

Cheers.

Steve.

inmotionphotography: Home: Zazzle.com.au Store

inmotionphotog - RedBubble

In Motion Photography (Stephen Broholm) | MySpace

I do have some photos and some in car footage, time is against me at the moment but I will get to it this week.

iain

I have posted some footage of my favourite moments in race 2 from last week end

You tube RF 117 GT 40 Eastern Creek March 2010

If someone could help with the link i would appreciate it

Iain

Back