Ricardo Slave Cylinder Bleed Bolt

booster.jpg

flange 2.jpg

flange.jpg

So, fresh with the success of power bleeding the brakes, I decided to move onto the clutch slave cylinder. Turns out the tilton reservoirs are two piece and must be tight (pic #1) before adding new oil and 10 lbs pressure (ask me how I know this). Long cleanup later - I moved onto the bleed value on the transmission. (Pic #2)

10 mm wrench just rounded the corners off. Bolt is stuck and liberal doses of lubricant and force only make it mock me louder. I have looked at the drawings - (Pic #3) - only to not find a corresponding part number for this bolt. Can anyone provide a suitable part number so I can order a replacement.

Also - anyone have any ideas on how to get the above mentioned bolt off?
It appears to be brass, easily rounded and not agreeable to removing itself from it's mounting hole.

Thanks

Kernie
its just a standard bleed nipple.....shouldn't be any issue getting a replacement...I recently got rid of everything Ricardo or I would have had some kicking around...

You need to use an enclosed 'box' wrench on those. Preferably one the 6-point, thick ones that come in most brake service kits.

I actually tried that - but I couldn't get any turn on the wrench because of the close quarters. Turned to an regular open wrench and, well you know the rest :shocked:

How about a 6 point deepwell socket? You may even have to 'tap' in on there now that the corners are rounded off a bit.

Back