ricardo trans oil cooler

Ho hum, back to hunting for a spot for him then. I figure if I can't find a good one, I'll try running without a cooler - I've seen several street TT F-GTs that arn't tracked that don't use a cooler and don't have any problems. I'll rarely see over 4k rpm, and even then only for a few seconds, so I should probably be okay. Since the transaxle fluid needs to be changed every few thousand miles I'll probably see within 2 years (i.e., 1st change) if the fluid looks okay or if I need a cooler.

I do agree if you're flogging it it's a necessity, but research seems to be showing casual street driving can do fine without it. We'll see......

Does anyone know the thread size into the Ricardo transmission? I mean the one in the gearbox housing. I want to replace the steel AN-8 fitting with the speedflow ones.

Thanks

Ken Roberts

Supporter
On page 2 of the Ricardo blueprints it shows the thread size as M16 X 1.5.

If using the correct 8AN sized hose and fittings the Speedflow part number would be #733-08

Last edited:
Probably not the optinal place for cooling but it looks bad ass. Not sure if yo have race or street tail.

Attachments

• transaxle cooler.JPG
    transaxle cooler.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 228
Back