RIP Steve Jobs

Holder of over 300 patents....and to think that most people found out about his passing on one of those ideals. An amazing American story.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes indeed, he will be greatly missed!

Cupertino, CA is a small Silicon Valley town, Francis and I lived there for 10 years when we were first married. Apple was started in a Cupertino garage and it is also the home of Apple World Headquarters.

In an odd twist of fate.........................

Yesterday morning in Cupertino a man took two guns and shotup his workplace, killing three and wounding 10+, he is still on the loose and a large man-hunt is underway.

Cupertino had a very bad day!

Last edited:
Love him or hate him, he had a powerful influence on the personal computer industry. RIP.

Steve Jobs: Timeline

Very sad day.
Was early into iPods & iPhones, great gear.
Hung back with Macs but just gone for the latest MacBook Air. Really great piece of kit.
Cannot get into iPods but sure believe they will continue to be the coming thing.
All in all, SJ is undeniably up there with the greatest inventors/visionaries.
RIP.
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Been an Apple user since the late 70's, a Mac user since 1986 (my parents bought a Mac Plus). I owned the public beta of OSX and some developer pre-releases prior to that, and was a beta tester for 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and various Quick TIme releases.

I agree with so many others - he is the Edison of our time really. He and Woz and the team created the personal computer and personal computing, he redefined it in his second go-round at Apple, redefined personal music devices, redefined smart phones, and redefined the tablet. And, talk about bipartisanism - Obama, Boehner and Cantor all agree on the impact he had. And the tech giants and rivals also agree - Gates, Zuckerberg, Page, Schmidt and Brin of Google, Hurley and Chen of YouTube, Samsung's Choi, and others. That shows how much of an impact he had on the industry.

Genius doesn't even start to cover it ...

Back