Roaring Forties #80

Thanks Dan. Here are some more photos of the engine going in.

Attachments

• 45219-DSCF0031.JPG
    45219-DSCF0031.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 627
My two sons and their friend Salem assist in placing the engine.

Attachments

• 45220-DSCF0034.JPG
    45220-DSCF0034.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 607
The Glass Man has come. I now have a windshield, mid bulkhead glass and rear window. I'm still waiting for the gear selecter shaft then it will be time to get the wheels aligned.

Attachments

• 58125-DSCF0070.JPG
    58125-DSCF0070.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 565
FANTASTIC ! Rolf.
I love the color and I can't wait to see and hear it in person. Keep going Pal, you can get this thing going before the London show.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very nice color combo. I think this combination is the favorite color of our Moderator as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What you say Ron?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I say Robert and Hershal, get my finished and over here pronto!

It is a nice looking car and my favorite color, no doubt about that Faili! The only thing it is missing that I requested was blacked out headlights and door sills per 1025, but that can still happen to this one!

Rolf, your car looks great! Do you mind me asking how you handled the black around the light covers? I'm at this stage right now, and it would be nice to hear how you handled this.

Thanks Pat. I measured off the thickness that I wanted then taped the underside of the light cover. I used Scotch brand #218 HD 3252-09 tape for the border. This tape won't allow any leakage. Then tape off the rest of the cover with Scotch 233+ and paper. I used SEM 39143 Trim Black, about three coats. Its not a perfect solution but I think it looks nice. Hope this helps.

Very nice job! I hope I can get mine painted yellow before Ron takes delivery of his... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Which color is that anyway? It seems like there will be quite a few yellow '40s on this forum.

You may want to have the primer tinted yellow next time...it really makes coverage easier with whites and yellows. We shot about 5 coats of base on the last wimbledon white car and there was still a few spots where you could see the grey primer. The R-M paint rep also recommended using less reducer with the light colors...especially white.

We use Dupont System from primer to clear. The color is "Viper Yellow" which I believe is a 2003 color.

Well it finally made it out of the garage and around the block. It only took 19 months. There is still a lot to do but at least its mobile.

Attachments

• 58781-DSCF0074.JPG
    58781-DSCF0074.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 577
WOW !!
What else can one say. She looks gorgous Rolf. You should be very proud of your accomplishment. You hung in there and did a wonderful job. Your boys deserve a little credit too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
That is a fantastic looking car! Congratulations for finishing her up and sticking with it, great job!!! I look forward to seeing it on the road one day in person, post some more photos and....you might want to change your signature, I think you made it! ;-)

Rolf,

I'm sure you, the boys, and their pals just looooooove it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

She's a beaut, congrats on a job well done.

Ian

Back