Roaring Forties Update - July 2006

owenc said:
And my favourite part ....We also have to re-negotiate supplier deals at every turn, and I can tell you that's a lot of fun. ring ring ...hello, Hi this is Owen from Roaring forties......YOU B&57ards OWE US MONEY.....No no no we bought the assets of the old Roaring forties we're need to speak to you about supplying this new and completely independent operation with components so we can keep our customers happy.. YEAH WELL YOU GUYS OWE US A ZILLION BUCKS, YOU BETTER PAY THAT BILL FIRST!... no sorry you don't understand, we're nothing to do with Robert Logan we are a email me on [email protected] and I'll see if we can help him.

Well what you might want to do is start up a completely new company and call it something like Owenc Fabrications inc. or something like that. This new company will just buy all of the supplies needed for producing the RF gt40 and resell them to RF. That way you have removed the RF bad name from all of the suppliers. Because honestly a lot of the businesses that supplied the parts to RF will jack up the price of the supplies to make back all the $$ they got burned on when RF went belly up.

It’s really not too hard to start up a new business, at least in the US, (in IL). I don’t know how much more trouble it would be in Australia but considering the nightmare of trying to get your suppliers to look past the tarnished RF name, it might be worth the hassle.

DBLDREW said:
Well what you might want to do is start up a completely new company and call it something like Owenc Fabrications inc...

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't do this. On the one hand you have the brand recognition of the RF name, on the other all the bad will from suppliers ,burnt customers & word of mouth. I assume they spent some time weighing this up.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Talk about survivability!!

Almost always down, but never out!

The heart of a winner.

Returning Calls

Owen New RF owner,
You managed to call me the night I posted and next day I gave you details of the RF owner who made the 2 previous enquiries to your company after your posting as to where RF was now at I only posted on his behalf so dont shoot the messanger.He is not privi to Internet.Spoke to him today July 28 and yet has heard nothing.In case you missed his question "what is P&A on the BRM centres and max OD of casting".Robert originally supplied centres to which this owner/wheel manufacturer made several sets to find out offset Robert had advised was incorrect (spacers had to be fitted) and is trying to be rectify mine (same supply) and his which had incorrect offset with a totally new correct offset set rims.Hope this helps and clarifies. Cheers.

Keith

norman falkiner said:
How many times has Aston Martin gone broke. ???

Not even once it would appear, although it's been quite "poor" at times, but what has that to do with RF?. :confused:

Hi Chris I have responded, I have had difficulty in getting through by phone on the 2 numbers provided to me my Paul whom you spoke to. So I have responded by fax and await the response of your wheel guy. Rgds
Owen

Thanks Owen

owenc said:
Hi Chris I have responded, I have had difficulty in getting through by phone on the 2 numbers provided to me my Paul whom you spoke to. So I have responded by fax and await the response of your wheel guy. Rgds
Owen
Thanks Owen.As stated I am only the messenger.If you cannot contact let me know.Cheers

Just found out that Roaring Forties also did not come through with funds for a club event they promised to provide sponsorship for in Feb this year. I forget his name, but it was attended by one of the RF workers as a rep for the company and he bought that MKII replica with him.

Sounds like they will have to add the cost of lost sponsorship onto next years event.

In terms of recovering money from people/companies here in Oz, I've found from personal experience that in practice the assets of husband and wife are treated separately. We lost all our savings a while back when a person investing on our behalf stuffed up and lost millions of customers' money. (Hence we are working to recover, and haven't got that GT40 yet). The authorities and administrator investigating found that the assets the person apparently had (mainly property) were all in his wife's name and therefore not touchable. They were so sure a legal claim would not succeed that they would not mount a case, unfortunately. So this person got off as free as a bird.
I expect the same situation would apply with Robert Logan's apparent assets.

Let's hope that a workable enterprise can be set up by the new owners, such that more quality GT40's can be produced in Oz.

Dalton

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Dalton, if there is any peace of mind to offer in your unfortunate circumstance, just know that the woman sheltering all the assets is holding that gent's 'balls' in a big way. He will ultimately loose 'them' and any asset when she decides to move on. And not knowing any better she will probably squander the money away on lawyers in her quest to keep it all.

Back